Fabbing things.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabbing things.....

Markenstein (I read that on Popeyes thread and laughed out loud....)

Where would you recommend I look for material to make a roofrack and convert the rear wheel carrier to a jerry can holder?

B&Q don't seem to have what I need...
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post

Where would you recommend I look for material to make a roofrack and convert the rear wheel carrier to a jerry can holder?

I've been buying steel from Ebay lately, just as cheap as scrounging around local suppliers.

Comment

having looked at your avatar dude,

your the one that i want ..you are the one i want

ooh ooh ooh baby................

i'll get back to work now
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Dunno if I'd want a steel roofrack though... all that weight on the roof. You're sure to tip over...
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Dunno if I'd want a steel roofrack though... all that weight on the roof. You're sure to tip over...
          Yeah - I'm putting wheels, Hi-Lift jack, adapter, air compressor etc up there, and I've got no ARBs on.....mmwhwhhahahahahahahahah ahahahahahaahahahahah clonk.....

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            only if you got a spare wheel on it

Comment

you lot are fecking mad.i would make the roof rack from ally box section.but the only thing is welding the dam stuff.ITS A BITCH.you can get material from www.aalco.co.uk.failing that i would use some thin walled mild steel box or even s/s.www.wessexsteel.co.uk ive been called a lot of different nameslately but the vatchenfincklestein or whatever it is you call me makes me laugh every time.it makes me sound like some grumpy old man from a fairytail.
              Last edited by surfenstein; 15 May 2008, 13:12.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                you lot are fecking mad.i would make the roof rack from ally box section.but the only thing is welding the dam stuff.ITS A BITCH.you can get material from www.aalco.co.uk.failing that i would use some thin walled mild steel box or even s/s.www.wessexsteel.co.uk ive been called a lot of different nameslately but the vatchenfincklestein or whatever it is you call me makes me laugh every time.it makes me sound like some grumpy old man from a fairytail.
                So Surfenvatchfinklestein, I'll look at them and determine if I want to give it a go myself, or see when you are free.....bashplate/winch mount, tubular rear bumper to match the front, alloy roof rack......

Comment

Can I just say, I used the word 'steel' as a generic term.
                  Ally would be best for the roof, but steel for the Jerry can holder.
                  OK Markenvatchsurfstein bloke?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Can I just say, I used the word 'steel' as a generic term.
                    Ally would be best for the roof, but steel for the Jerry can holder.
                    OK Markenvatchsurfstein bloke?
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Can I also say, Intense Surf is an anagram of Surfenstein.

Comment

The rack from direct 4x4 is ally braced across with steel. Its about £170. Andy, I seriously doubt you could make a decent one for much less.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hi

I've posted this before, I am about to dump a large quantity of square steel sections, they were used to form fundraising stalls so are similar to the market type. If its of any use to the guys that fabricate stuff , It's going free let me know and we can sort out delivery, collection or meet halfway.

Lengths of about 1 metre and 1.2

Tony
                          www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post

Costs a fortune for roof racks. i got one specially made from K and H. cost me 500notes. Quality build though. cant beat it. i got 3 mounting points on either side a roller bar and pegs. am a window cleaner and trust me it can hold some amount o weight. will sell u it if u interested. make me an offer. not a silly one though. lol

Comment

Tenner?

Comment

Working...
                              X