No announcement yet.

What am i doing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used ma surf for window cleaning and trust me a big roof rack that i got specially fitted fi k and h, loads o ladders and a few squeeges, talk about fuel bill, gee wiz, bought a van after a month o using it for work. only use the surf for non wor related things. sometimes take it out collecting pennies and everyone says it a cool motor. ###### thing is an h plate. no way am gonna give mine up just cos it cost an extra few quid to run

Comment

• Originally posted by MattF View Post
      Some of us aren't, too. The Surf for me is a family vehicle, granted, but it also the business vehicle. Anything smaller ain't an option. I need the load space. Anything larger or a commercial vehicle brings it's own set of problems. I'm quite happy with the situation, though. That's why I got the Surf.
      I understand that Matt.
      My truck does all sorts of tasks as well as provide me with a huge grin so I would only get rid of it if I really had too.

Even going for a run to a remote loch side is much more fun in my Surf.
      It's higher now and I get a better view when I'm eating my sarnies.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        no yout not !!

you didnt subscribe to the " gotta get rid of the surf" mentality

you compromised which allowed you to keep the surf

spot on
        Hay where was my congratuations.

I loose the Surf I loose my ability to go on holiday, hence the ebay special for daily use.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

• I must admit that i am getting a runaround as well.......the surf is my hobby / toy now (being a 1st gen)and i need to be able to get to work (melons is fed up with losing the focus when i break the surf) so i have a little car for day to day use and the surf is for fun . Also i have had my head in my hands with a second gen that i have spent alot of money on due the parts coming to the end of their lifespan (2.4's are over 15 years old now) and i know what a money pit they can be .

Joker
          First gen...........Hand on tool
          Second gen.......Head in hands
          Third gen .........Hand on hip
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

• Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
            Also i have had my head in my hands with a second gen that i have spent alot of money on due the parts coming to the end of their lifespan (2.4's are over 15 years old now) and i know what a money pit they can be .

Really ?

Are you sure it's not something to do with aerobatics and similar stunts ?????

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

• Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              well when youve sold the surf for a ford/mercedes/bmw crapness..........just remember this thread and remember the fun times you had in your surf,and now relax in your nice average car with its average looks and performance,and whilst your at it start wearing polyester,and mowing your grass regularly and dont forget trying to find your new bland car in a car park,that you can now get in, and dont forget to pay all your bills on time,but dont impulsively decide to go camping on top of a big hil cos you will have to walk most of the way now,and dont forget to eat sensibly ,but dont cruise down the local high street getting admiring looks from all and sundry.

just sell your surf if you have to but please dont tell me about it as it doesnt mean you just going to be surfless,it also means you are going mediocre,and mediocre is right up there with vd and family funerals
              rant over
              Class mate I would have been proud of that one. If you don't mind I will steal it for future use.

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              fine thanks dude

absolutely.
              if you cant afford to run a surf,then im sure we are all sorry,but.......

to keep a surf mot'd taxed and insured just to sit there surely cant cost more than 20 quid a week,it may be an extravagance but what price do you put on it ??
              the occasional weekend outing,a camping trip .........is it worth the sale of the surf,just get an old banger,if its just commuting you require
              Nail hit squarely on the head.
              You work all week and wont put £10 to £20 a side per week to pay for your toys. {kill me now please}

Edit just noticed post 1800 and thanks to Graham it's probably my most sensible one's to date.
              Last edited by yoshie; 15 May 2008, 14:55.
              Brian

Comment

• I have to agree with a few people on here...
                I aint in debt so I guess that is good....
                But I do struggle (a lot at the mo..)

So? and? there are more important things to life than money... (the surf for example)
                But I wud rather eat a few nites at the mother in laws or walk a few miles to get somewhere (or cycle) then sell the surf.....

Like GWH said it wont cost much to keep her taxed and mot'ed and on ur drive....

So why not get a moped next to the surf lol if u really need a cheaper way to get around..
                I am thinking of getting a Honda c90 or c50 that will return about 120mpg for the short commutes and got the surf for the rest, there is just no way on earth I wud ever even think about the whole: "oohh no I cant afford the surf anymore I will have to let her go"

A Surf is for life not just for Christmas.....!

rant over...
                One day at the time I guess..

Comment

• I've got debts that outer Mongolia would be proud of and live in a state of permaskint

Still, lifes too short to worry too much

I have a ratty old XJ600 to plod to and fro work on, the surf was never intended to be a commuter and I'll keep it as long as I possibly can for towing the caravan, off-roading, camping & fishing trips, hauling the dog round, doing the shopping, transporting bikes, the list goes on.................

BUT, if it ever got in the way of providing for my family, I'd out it in a shot. Its only a car after all.

But, with a bit of forward planning, thats never going to happen (he says hopefully) so the surfs here to stay

cheers

Chris
                  Last edited by corsetts; 15 May 2008, 15:34.
                  Signature stolen along with Surf...

Comment

• I'd sooner see my truck in the damn crusher then have to sell it for peanuts!

Comment

• I got no money, (that's none at all- nada)
                      and no debts.
                      Earn stuff all, spend stuff all.
                      couldn't afford to buy a runaround so i'll just keep on trucking!
                      Trucks in for an MOT shortly, if thats going to be expensive she can sit on the drive for a bit till I can scrounge some bits... I'll let you know....
                      This months its tax MOT insurance, running out of heating oil, catching up with the bank not upping the standing order on my rent when I told them to, leccy bill and whatever else turns up today. most of them seem to be 40% up on last year....
                      Got the motorbike working for the first time in ages, now I'll have to park it up till I can insure it!
                      I'm running out of things I can sell or cancel.....
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Really ?

Are you sure it's not something to do with aerobatics and similar stunts ?????

Alot of the repairs i did were the same a everybody else .....Yes some were self inflicted but others were wear and tear ............
                        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                          You always have your body.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattF View Post
                            You always have your body.
                            No sensible offer refused....
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I got no money, (that's none at all- nada)
                              and no debts.
                              Earn stuff all, spend stuff all.
                              couldn't afford to buy a runaround so i'll just keep on trucking!
                              Trucks in for an MOT shortly, if thats going to be expensive she can sit on the drive for a bit till I can scrounge some bits... I'll let you know....
                              This months its tax MOT insurance, running out of heating oil, catching up with the bank not upping the standing order on my rent when I told them to, leccy bill and whatever else turns up today. most of them seem to be 40% up on last year....
                              Got the motorbike working for the first time in ages, now I'll have to park it up till I can insure it!
                              mine sat on the mammys drive cos a couldnt afford the tax and insurance all at once. lasted a week and had to get it done. missed it that much. i might be in debt to someone but at least a can still go play

Comment

No sensible offer refused....
                                If it pays well, sod the sensible bit.

p.s: Dave, that excludes you.

Comment

Working...
                                X