Clear All

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    i think vince said wanger
    weener?
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Some of them have big willies too!
      Ha ha ha wtf has willy size got to do with it???
      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
        How did you get into debt then......I don't understand sorry.
        You don't have to, it's my debt; not yours.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

coz they know i will lose
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I'v e had debt of one form or another all my life.
            not a problem really because I accept that I'm s hiit at saving cash to get stuff so I just get a loan and make the payments.
            I don't feel very rich or very poor but I'm aware that can change.
            My car is a luxury.
            I don't 'need' a car, I choose to have one. I think lots of people are in the same position.
            I want to bolt bits on it and play in the mud, it costs but again I choose to do this.
            I would however give it up tomorrow to make sure my family is fed and the household bills are paid.

ps I'd rather walk than have a non-descript shopping trolley.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              You don't have to, it's my debt; not yours.
              Oh right k, deal with it then an stop harpin on........

Comment

And when wee kids get excited in the street and point at our big trucks it gives me a warm feeling. I'm only doing my bit for the nations youth.

Another thing too, at least 3 Landy owners at the last Clog trip openly admired the Surfs we had. Nuff said.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                  Oh right k, deal with it then an stop harpin on........
                  I'm not, it's you lot that are. I'm merely replying to comments made

I'm kind of like Alan. If I want something I don't have the cash for, I buy now - pay later. I don't see the point in saving up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    I'm not, it's you lot that are. I'm merely replying to comments made

I'm kind of like Alan. If I want something I don't have the cash for, I buy now - pay later. I don't see the point in saving up for it.
                    sorry - devilment an all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                      And when wee kids get excited in the street and point at our big trucks it gives me a warm feeling. I'm only doing my bit for the nations youth.
                      Aye, exactly. The kids up Brians way all point and say, "fer feck's sake, no anither wan!"

Comment

• Well talk about stupid

I paid 3 grand for mine 15 weeks ago. Talk about wish I had waited. Mind you having said that I love my truck yes it isn't the cheapest truck to run but it looks class. what breaks me is the amount of money everyone charges for 2nd hand parts. It is getting to the point where it is cheaper to buy a stinker off E-bay than it is to buy the parts you want as there isn't too much difference in the cost.
                        Sorry that is my little whine for the day.

I have mentioned it in another thread but 0 views was it anything I said? Anyone want 5 original surf wheels? You will have to collect em but I don't want anything for them.
                        Just chuck a donation to the site.

Cheers

John
                        "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."

Comment

• I am Mr Mediocre - I have a diesel Focus estate .......

BUT that means my 25k commuting mileage doesn't trash the Surf or cost more than a small fortune so we can afford to keep the Surf as the runabout and tin tent tugger.

I consider myself very lucky in the present climate !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

• Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I am Mr Mediocre - I have a diesel Focus estate .......

BUT that means my 25k commuting mileage doesn't trash the Surf or cost more than a small fortune so we can afford to keep the Surf as the runabout and tin tent tugger.

I consider myself very lucky in the present climate !

no yout not !!

you didnt subscribe to the " gotta get rid of the surf" mentality

you compromised which allowed you to keep the surf

spot on
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• When I bought my surf it was for weekend use and short trips, and obviously the off road stuff, it was never intended as a daily driver, for that I had the van ( for work)

Due to a change in my circumstances, all I had was the surf, and then my new job which is a 100 mile commute per day.

So this took the milage in the surf fron 2000 miles per year, to 2000 miles per month.........ouch.

I took this for as long as I could, but it was unsustainable, £100 per week on fuel, just to get to work was financially crippling, so I had no choice but to look for something cheaper to run.

I am now the owner of a very ordinary and bland little car called a peugot 306 TD, that returns 40-50 MPG......................and I love it........for it's cheapness.......cheap to run, cheap to maintain, cheap tyres etc. etc. etc.

The surf still sits on my drive.....resting after the Wales trip, and she deserves a rest too.
                              The pug is great for the commute up the M/way every day, and the surf is great for those camping trips to Wales, or ( in 2009 ) the Pyrenees!

Owning and running the pug will (hopefully ) enable me to keep the surf due to the money saved on diesel ( approx £200 per month) and other running costs incurred by doing 2000 miles a month.

I was thinking today, while driving down the M/way that the litte pug is ideal for 99% of my driving requirements, it will carry the shopping, the kids, maybe the dog at a push, all those things, but...........it will not do the Wales trip and survive, and that's what the surf is for.

The little French diesel car is a means to an end.
                              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                                I don't 'need' a car, I choose to have one. I think lots of people are in the same position.
                                Some of us aren't, too. The Surf for me is a family vehicle, granted, but it also the business vehicle. Anything smaller ain't an option. I need the load space. Anything larger or a commercial vehicle brings it's own set of problems. I'm quite happy with the situation, though. That's why I got the Surf.

Comment

Working...
                                X