Broke my ###### ankle!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke my ###### ankle!!!

Just over a week ago and am totally fed up and bored with either hopping around on one leg or with crutches!!!
    Thank goodness for having an automatic car (and it being my left ankle...)
    "Good at cracking bones"

Get well soon Este.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
      Get well soon Este.

Thx! Have got another 6 weeks of hopping around like a rabbit on drugs... Oh, such fun!!!
      "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

get well soon este. I have just been given the all clear after 3 years of suffering from an accident at work and you certainly miss not being able to move about properly
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yes, auto is good. Dog bit me through my gloves on friday night. He tried to squeeze through the tailgate window which was down only enough to get his head through, of course he didnt quite fit properly and ended up hanging from his back leg which was jammed at the side of the tailgate window. I ran over and held him up so take the weight off his leg while someone wound window down and he turned his head and bit down, but i couldnt let go. Anyway, auto meant i selected the gear with my right hand and away i went. Not only that, the indicator stalk is on the right too.

Comment

The worst is that i went to A&E 3 times before they would actually give me crutches. The 1st time was the friday it happened. I was in a wheelchair as I could not walk. After spending about 7 hours there they just sent me home as they couldn't see anything on the x-rays. Fair enough, because that is quite normal with hairline fractures, but they should have considered that I had 500kgs land on my ankle and therefore there would be a VERY good chance that there will be a fracture.. Went back on the saturday as my foot was 4 times its normal size and almost black and the stupid doctor said he will NOT give me crutches as it is more damaging?!?!?!?! Went back on the tuesday as the pain only got worse and they had to re-do the x-rays and finally saw the fracture. So, now I've got a cast and crutches!! Am such a lucky girl.....
            "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Yeah, you waited all that time for nothing. It a bit annoying sometimes isnt it. But least you got there in the end. There a girl riding her bike on friday with her ankle in a cast, nutter.

Comment

sorry to hear that hope you recover quick

my wife broke her ankle about 12 months ago it took 6 months to heal

iam still recovering she takes some looking after
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                  sorry to hear that hope you recover quick

my wife broke her ankle about 12 months ago it took 6 months to heal

iam still recovering she takes some looking after

OMG! Why did it take so long to heal??? (or was she just taking advantage of you?)
                  "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Originally posted by EvH View Post
                    OMG! Why did it take so long to heal??? (or was she just taking advantage of you?)
                    well she says it had to be rebroke again
                    but iam not too sure
                    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

The worst is that i went to A&E 3 times before they would actually give me crutches. The 1st time was the friday it happened. I was in a wheelchair as I could not walk. After spending about 7 hours there they just sent me home as they couldn't see anything on the x-rays. Fair enough, because that is quite normal with hairline fractures, but they should have considered that I had 500kgs land on my ankle and therefore there would be a VERY good chance that there will be a fracture.. Went back on the saturday as my foot was 4 times its normal size and almost black and the stupid doctor said he will NOT give me crutches as it is more damaging?!?!?!?! Went back on the tuesday as the pain only got worse and they had to re-do the x-rays and finally saw the fracture. So, now I've got a cast and crutches!! Am such a lucky girl.....
                      that sounds like brighton a&e to me alright,i especially love parkin in the new carpark they built,then the 15min walk to a&e!,get well soon,remember yr only a 30sec drive from beach tho!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                        that sounds like brighton a&e to me alright,i especially love parkin in the new carpark they built,then the 15min walk to a&e!,get well soon,remember yr only a 30sec drive from beach tho!
                        You got it! Brighton A&E!!
                        After they made me walk on a broken leg for almost a week, they told me I am not allowed to drive my automatic... Where is the logic in that??
                        "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Sorry to hear about your breakage.

However, thats what happens when you play with what amounts to a big angry motorbike controlled by string attached to its head, with a mind of its own.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Sorry to hear about your breakage.

However, thats what happens when you play with what amounts to a big angry motorbike controlled by string attached to its head, with a mind of its own.
                            Brilliant !!!!!
                            "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

dont you just love our health service
                              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X