No announcement yet.

new engine/head time or maybe not... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new engine/head time or maybe not... :)

Sorry but wont let me post in the tech section so I'll try here..

ahhhhhhhh

like I said earlier this week my surfmobile is getting a little hot...
    well very hot...

Yesterday I thought I better burp the lot and see how it goes but she kept spitting at me..

When she is hot the pressure in the water just builds up and the expantion tank just keeps overflowing..
    Funny enough the heath does not go over half when stationary even with it flowing out the water...if u drive it it goes up tho...

the weird thing is tho I have no water in the oil, no loss of power, no trouble starting......

Please someone tell me it's just the thermostat....
    I got a new one on the way from Rough Trax....

Or am I just naive in thinking that....and is it really new engine or head time..??

why did I buy I 2.4 again, can anyone remind me? I think I said I love them so much cus they got soul...........

I do still love her tho...............

rite a little to add seen as this wud not post before..
    I just ripped out the stat (she really is f**** does not open at all with boiling water), and been driving for about 15miles, really pushing her on the motor way and she is not overheating anymore....
    I will go flush the system and put nice fresh coolant in (as it's a little mucky) and put the new stat in 2mo lets hope that is it.........
    One day at the time I guess..

Hi Tody, had the same problem two weeks ago, burped the coolant a couple of times but still it spat out all the coolant out of the expansion tank, turned out to be a stuck thermostat, so i'd try that first
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

NOTE: You will not get the tell tale signs if the head has cracked oil in water etc. Replace rad cap & thermostat as mentioned 1st.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Thanks guys I will 2mo when Rough Trax are delivering a new one to my door..

I have been driving without a stat all together today and she is nice and cool.....

So looks like she is gonna be all good..
        ****knocking on wood***
        One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Working...
        X