No announcement yet.

ARB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting desperate to find someone who can sort my tracking/camber etc out!!

Ive been everywhere an no one here can help! Even the damn Lorry places aint interested

How hard is it to give it a try myself ??

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Even in a dynamic situation, neither presses down *more*. Some just allow the weight of the truck to press the wheel down more quickly.

Your forgetting something, the 3000's are neutral, they stay where you put them, collapsed, extended, etc. In an offroad situation, and the truck isn't sitting squarly on four wheels, all thats holding an unloaded wheel on the floor is the weight of the axle/wheel. the 9000's will always try to fully extend, so for the same suspension travel and drivetrain weight, you get more traction as the the tyre is being pushed to the ground by the shock as well.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

By how much though Tony? You can compress and hold one by leaning on it slightly, so maybe a few kilos of force? Given my wheel / tyre combo weighs in at probably 50-60 kilos, plus the rest of the suspension components and a spring thats pushing a HELL of a lot more (though not always to the extension the shock is admittedly) - the shock is gonna make sod all difference.

I think a blind test is called for! I bet the outcome is that 9 out of 10 users cant tell the difference
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

You can compress and hold one by leaning on it slightly,

Honestly, thats one thing that got me!

I had some random name shocks on my 1st truck, an no matter what i did to the damn thing it wouldn't compress! the ProComp ES9000 - piece of pi$$ to compress by hand....

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
            I had some random name shocks on my 1st truck, an no matter what i did to the damn thing it wouldn't compress!
            Hadn't seized by any chance had it?

Comment

Done ages ago.

Seems to cost between £30 and £65. There's a place that does commercials and modded 4x4s in Tewksbury (not that far from here) and they will come out and do a full front end alignment for you at your place of work. Thats probably what I'm gonna do.
              you may want to do it sooner rather than later andy. i have just had the tracking done (again) for the 3rd time on this set of tyres.i spose the bj spacers exaggerate every tiny nuance that exists,and nearly mullered my f/o/s tyre on the way home from wales
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

We were commenting on the camber of your offside front actually. It was at a mad angle a lot of the time. Not as mad as Boyo's, but mad nonetheless!

I have the Claerwen video to upload tonight. I was behind you for the whole run, so to say yours is the featured truck would be an understatement!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  Hadn't seized by any chance had it?
                  ahh, forgot to put that it that was a brand new shock going on.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                    ahh, forgot to put that it that was a brand new shock going on.
                    That'd be a no then.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      you may want to do it sooner rather than later andy. i have just had the tracking done (again) for the 3rd time on this set of tyres.i spose the bj spacers exaggerate every tiny nuance that exists,and nearly mullered my f/o/s tyre on the way home from wales
                      Get a grown-up to tighten the nuts then!

Comment

I think a blind test is called for! I bet the outcome is that 9 out of 10 users cant tell the difference
                        Probably true, but when your crossaxled in 3' of mud, on the rev limiter, I'll take every little bit of help going.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Best option is an inch on the width of your tyres, or a fat pie eating git in the passenger seat you can lob out and attach a strop to

Comment

Working...
                          X