Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel offset???

Hi
    Have narrow body 92, I am about to fit a set of 265/70/15 with a number 7JJ marked on back. These are non-standard alloys. The question is does anyone know what the 7JJ is. Also can they give me a tutorial on wheel offset, what is it and how does it work out?

Any gen appreciated.
    thanks
    Ronnie

Originally posted by whitespider
    Hi
    Have narrow body 92, I am about to fit a set of 265/70/15 with a number 7JJ marked on back. These are non-standard alloys. The question is does anyone know what the 7JJ is. Also can they give me a tutorial on wheel offset, what is it and how does it work out?

Any gen appreciated.
    thanks
    Ronnie
    The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. The offset can be one of three types.

Zero Offset

The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive

The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative

The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negative offset
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
      The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. The offset can be one of three types.

Zero Offset

The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive

The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative

The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negative offset
      Just to add to that, the 7JJ has nothing to do with the ofset its the rim shape for holding on the tyre. I didn't know that until recently, I thought is was the offset but it is something about the height, depth and shape of the lip around the wheel that holds on the tyre.

Cheers

Comment

If you want some info on wheel offset, go to the Abaco tyres website (http://www.abacotyres.co.uk/) and look under fitment. There's a very clear diagram.

Of course, it doesn't list what offset you need for a Surf or 4 Runner, and that's what i've been looking for....

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by turbotommy
          If you want some info on wheel offset, go to the Abaco tyres website (http://www.abacotyres.co.uk/) and look under fitment. There's a very clear diagram.

Of course, it doesn't list what offset you need for a Surf or 4 Runner, and that's what i've been looking for....

Good Luck!
          easier on here
          Attached Files
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
          X