No announcement yet.

What Shocks???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not really on a budget, this is my daily drive and weekend fun, the biggest hobby I've ever had, and I am investing in this truck over this year, I've just bought new steering components as the whole front end shakes now, and it sort of skips from one side to the other if you go round a left then a right hand bend....so that can't be good, it pulls to the left when driving along, and to the right under braking, so this next few months, it's new steering bits, new shocks, BJ spacers, coil tops a la Surfenvatchfinkelstein, replace the fuel lines at some stage, recently had starter, batteries, water pump, rocker cover gasket and cam belt & tensioner, next thing is new injectors, fuel pump, oil pump and get the valve clearances checked and adjusted accordingly....

It's my big blue dream machine, and I am going to make sure it's the dangling parts of the dog!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Btw, didn't you ask this same question several months ago, or was it someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
        Btw, didn't you ask this same question several months ago, or was it someone else?

Wasn't me guv'nor.....I don't think it was anyway....

I've been happy with ProComp, but they have taken a severe beating lately, and £35 a corner doesn't last too long....so could do with somethign a little more robust...
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

mate i could do with new ranchos at some point but works out pricey with the P&P. if you do order from the states i might be able to come in on it if I can afford new shocks anytime soon...
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I just bought a whole procomp ES9000 set up +3" and LC springs with uprated steering damper, my budget with 33's and new wheels plus manual hubs wouldn't go much further, hope I enjoy the fun for at least a year.
            I'm fitting balljoint spacers too, stop the bouncy torsion bar effect.

pics to follow.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
              I'd like to change the now aging and slightly knackered ProComp ES9000s with something more substantial - what would be the best option out of:

Monroe
              Fox
              Koni
              Rancho
              OME
              TJM

And where can I get them from????

Cheers.....
              bilstein !
              Bunkle
              Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

i may be wrong here but i think im right in saying that tjm shocks dont do anything over +2" hopefully tony will back me on this.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                X