No announcement yet.

Is this a bargain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a firm thats loocal to me are very cheap on bits so i will see if i can get some price's
    they dont have a list its all over the phone so it will take some time
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      Possibly, but manufacturer/quality is also a deciding factor. If that is better quality kit for a comparable price, which would be preferable?
      So generic pattern parts from the US are better than generic pattern parts from the UK? My guess is they all come from China ?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
        So generic pattern parts from the US are better than generic pattern parts from the UK? My guess is they all come from China ?
        Did, or did I not above, say "IF" they are better quality parts? I neither know nor personally care of what manufacture/quality they are, but that does not alter a simple fact if the quality does indeed vary between the two.

Comment

Did, or did I not above, say "IF" they are better quality parts? I neither know nor personally care of what manufacture/quality they are, but that does not alter a simple fact if the quality does indeed vary between the two.
          i'd agree, also milners stuff ive had has bin at the lower end of quality of none genuine replacement parts anyway, i had an oil filter of em and changed it after a week as it didnt hold oil when the engine had stopped, i dont think it had a drain back valve in it , yer get way yer pay for i suppose at the end of the day.

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by wishbone
            That's what I was saying - add import duty and VAT to his quote and milners will pretty much match it.......(couldn't find the adjuster sleeves though)

Possibly, but manufacturer/quality is also a deciding factor. If that is better quality kit for a comparable price, which would be preferable?

Ok Mr Semantics

By your use of 'If' you suggested that the US stuff was better than the Milners stuff. Then you argue that you don't know either way?

First you advise to buy the US stuff and 'flog on what you don't need'

Then you suggest the US stuff may be better than the Milners stuff

"Possibly, but manufacturer/quality is also a deciding factor."

Then you say

"I neither know nor personally care of what manufacture/quality they are"

I merely suggested that generic parts are generic parts.....

Rob.

Comment

Seriously, like I bl00dy care. Find someone else to attempt to annoy. I ain't interested.

Comment

Seriously, like I bl00dy care. Find someone else to attempt to annoy. I ain't interested.

Love it

Rob.

Comment

It must be the time of year, folks needing a holiday or summat, every thread turns into a debate now.

I'll price parts locally first, see what I can find.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                    It must be the time of year, folks needing a holiday or summat, every thread turns into a debate now.
                    The fact I appear to be a tw@t magnet don't help.

Comment

The fact I appear to be a tw@t magnet don't help.
                      I know what you mean Matt, the girls won't leave me alone either
                      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        I know what you mean Matt, the girls won't leave me alone either

Comment

The fact I appear to be a tw@t don't help.
                          I forgive you Matt - every one gets abusive from time to time when people disagree with them . Even when it's something as trite as the cost of parts for a truck. Seriously, if it means so much to you then I take back all I said and importing the US ebay stuff is the best way.....

OP please ignore all my posts above and just go ahead and buy the stuff from the US. I'm a tw@t please ignore me....

Rob.

Comment

Working...
                          X