Buying towbar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoundsDigital View Post
    Certainly a good buy, is there a type approval sticker on it? I thought it was a legal requirement after 1998, but at these prices I wonder how long they have been hanging around and whether they are conforming. Having said that, I've never seen the old bill looking for a sticker on a tow bar and even those that did have one are often painted over or positioned out of sight.
    These towbars are produced by Atlas and come plated as below. Plate was removed when I hammerit'ed it and not yet put back on.

I've had one for a while now and picked it up from Bullivants as I thought the price was to good to be true when i saw the ebay sale For £25 you can't go wrong and found it easy to fit also.

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
      Any of these towbars left?
      Could someone please take a detailed snap of a towbar fitted...please?
      I got a custom exhaust and I want to see if it would fit without to much hassle!
      Gary
      Hi Gary
      Don;t know if they have any left but you can always give them a call on 01332 671000, I believe this is the correct number from when i purchased mine a while ago.

The towbar has a small bracket to allow for the rear attachment point for the exhaust to be relocated slightly lower to prevent it rubbing/knocking on the towbar mountings. Only problem i found with standard exhaust was the fact it Aushed the tail pipe to far down and it was catching when off road.

The solution I used ofr this was called the Angle Grinder

I'ts amazing how much fun you can have with a grinder

If you want some pics of the actual mounting points and spacing underneath truck I'll try and get some done for you on Thursday as I should be home at reasonable time

Andy

Comment

Re

Originally posted by Growler View Post
        Hi Gary
        Don;t know if they have any left but you can always give them a call on 01332 671000, I believe this is the correct number from when i purchased mine a while ago.

The towbar has a small bracket to allow for the rear attachment point for the exhaust to be relocated slightly lower to prevent it rubbing/knocking on the towbar mountings. Only problem i found with standard exhaust was the fact it Aushed the tail pipe to far down and it was catching when off road.

The solution I used ofr this was called the Angle Grinder

I'ts amazing how much fun you can have with a grinder

If you want some pics of the actual mounting points and spacing underneath truck I'll try and get some done for you on Thursday as I should be home at reasonable time

Andy
        Cheers Andy!

I think I may have problems mate!

My tailpipes seem to be very close to the towbar!

I suppose I could fabricate one, if I knew how! lol!

Could you have a gander at these snaps and let me know if I will be able to fit a towbar?

The pipes are in their final position!

Mucho Grassyarse,

Gary
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
          Cheers Andy!
          I think I may have problems mate!
          My tailpipes seem to be very close to the towbar!
          I suppose I could fabricate one, if I knew how! lol!
          Could you have a gander at these snaps and let me know if I will be able to fit a towbar?
          The pipes are in their final position!
          Mucho Grassyarse,
          Gary
          Hi Gary

From the look of your pics i think you are gong to struggle with this style of towbar. One of the other makes may suit your situation better, but they will all use and mount to the rear chassis members that your tail pipes cross.

I'll try and get a couple of pics thursday to show you what i mean.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by bobmag View Post
            Hi to all,
            To anybody needing a towbar they should look on ebay. Bullivants of Derby are clearing out and they are selling them at £25! and you can arrange your own courier. If you use Interparcel as i did put measurements down L 130 cm x W 30cm x D 30cm. weight 30kg. This will cost £11. 80. delivered the following day. Bullivants are excellent to deal with all you have to buy is electrics kit, & ball. This towbar is the best ive seen, absolute doddle to fit and rated at 2500kg and is thick coated with black enamel. It also includes all bolts, washers, spacers etc.
            Total cost,
            Towbar. £25
            Delivery £11.80
            Electrics £22 inc ball.
            Its a stonker of a towbar dead chuffed with mine.
            Any other info i can give, email me
            Regards to all, Rob. Ps If anyone buys one can they give an opinion of my description as to quality and price,to help other surfers get a bargain.
            Hi bobmad did your mate shift all of these, or is there one left I could get? And don't be to mad 411 views for an addvert is almost a record on here.
            I take cash or postal orders. Or a freetow bar. Thanks
            Last edited by yoshie; 7 May 2008, 12:35.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              Hi bobmad did your mate shift all of these, or is there one left I could get? And don't be to mad 411 views for an addvert is almost a record on here.
              I take cash or postal orders. Or a freetow bar. Thanks
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
              X