Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying towbar.

Hi to all,
    To anybody needing a towbar they should look on ebay. Bullivants of Derby are clearing out and they are selling them at £25! and you can arrange your own courier. If you use Interparcel as i did put measurements down L 130 cm x W 30cm x D 30cm. weight 30kg. This will cost £11. 80. delivered the following day. Bullivants are excellent to deal with all you have to buy is electrics kit, & ball. This towbar is the best ive seen, absolute doddle to fit and rated at 2500kg and is thick coated with black enamel. It also includes all bolts, washers, spacers etc.
    Total cost,
    Towbar. £25
    Delivery £11.80
    Electrics £22 inc ball.
    Its a stonker of a towbar dead chuffed with mine.
    Any other info i can give, email me
    Regards to all, Rob. Ps If anyone buys one can they give an opinion of my description as to quality and price,to help other surfers get a bargain.
    Last edited by bobmag; 5 May 2008, 10:30. Reason: amendment.

Certainly a good buy, is there a type approval sticker on it? I thought it was a legal requirement after 1998, but at these prices I wonder how long they have been hanging around and whether they are conforming. Having said that, I've never seen the old bill looking for a sticker on a tow bar and even those that did have one are often painted over or positioned out of sight.

Comment

Buying towbar

Thanks Soundsdigital, for passing opinion. I dont think its got any stamps on it but i will look. How about people with older Surfs already fitted with towbars, i cant see them removing them off to conform. I just wanted to give people the chance to save dosh when you see people paying £60+ with postage for crappy secondhand ones from breakers that need rubbing down and painting and bolts missing. This fits really snug to bumper and has adjusments to tow ball, in , out, up, down. and you can see when you bolt it to vehicle that it is a really solid fixing. I will attach picture to show how snug it is to bumper. Once again thanks for remarks on something i never thought of, but i am not the most law abiding individual anyway.
      Regards, Rob.

Comment

u worked for them long???

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          u worked for them long???

am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Buying towbar

Hi Breakdowntruck,
            Like to think that reply is a joke and your not just a saddo. In answer NO, i am a plumber and i live on the Wirral a long way from Derby. I thought that this was what this site was all about, helping each other. If you can find a better deal please post and gladly trash mine. I bought mine 4 days ago and had it fitted in a couple of hours inc electrics, and thought i would pass the info on to help anyone else who might be thinking of buying a towbar.I will probably think again before i post anything. When someone else buys one i hope they will post an opinion and i wouldnt mind having a pint that its not far from mine.
            Regards, Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by bobmag View Post
              Hi Breakdowntruck,
              Like to think that reply is a joke and your not just a saddo. In answer NO, i am a plumber and i live on the Wirral a long way from Derby. I thought that this was what this site was all about, helping each other. If you can find a better deal please post and gladly trash mine. I bought mine 4 days ago and had it fitted in a couple of hours inc electrics, and thought i would pass the info on to help anyone else who might be thinking of buying a towbar.I will probably think again before i post anything. When someone else buys one i hope they will post an opinion and i wouldnt mind having a pint that its not far from mine.
              Regards, Rob.
              chill dude were just joking around mate and we are the nice ones
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Hi Breakdowntruck,
                Regards, Rob.
                meow lol twas a joke just sounded like a sales pitch! ps.yes i am a saddo,look at the amount of chrome on my truck!

Comment

It is a sales pitch.

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS
                  Brian

Comment

buying towbar

Hi to everyone,
                    I would like to inform everyone i have no interest whatsoever in selling any effin towbar from any effin company! I posted this to try and help people.
                    I like a joke but Yoshie has stated its a sales pitch, i have emailed him twice with all my details and asked him to retract his unfounded statement. As yet no reply! I WILL GIVE YOU ALL MY DETAILS, I bought my towbar approx 5 days ago off ebay to tow a trailer back from Poole. I was so pleased i wanted to help others because i thought it was an absolute bargain and the company allowed me to arrange my own courier for half the price that they quoted.
                    If i am lucky enough to find other bargains can anyone out there tell me how to go about it, to inform others or should i think ######## find it yourself. I thought this site was to help each other, by all means when it is a sales pitch or something iffy inform everybody, but only do this when you have some form of evidence. Yoshie has possibly put many people off what i genuinely thought was a good deal, and blackened my name. I thought i had joined a good site but i have got serious doubts now, if ######s can just post without any thought to others. Please can any others out there tell me what i have done wrong and if my info was no good! I am a newbie at this but i wouldnt make a statement like Yoshie if i couldnt back it up!
                    My ebay ID is bobmag1010 please check my details and my feedback!
                    Any other newbies out there please reply and pass your opinion i dont like being labeled like this. Maybe Admin should look at this.
                    Regards to all,
                    Rob.

Comment

Ok guys,

I think a mistake has been made here.

Bobmag, we have had quite a few newbies and scammers who join then try post a recommendation when it's really an advert.

I have to admit that I had my doubts and will happily offer my apologies now.

Trev
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Buying towbar

Thanks Trev,
                        Still waiting for yoshie, toshie, or ###### i think is nearer.
                        Best regards, Rob.
                        Ps how many people have been put off by one ######s remark!

Comment

Thanks Trev,
                          Still waiting for yoshie, toshie, or ###### i think is nearer.
                          Best regards, Rob.
                          Ps how many people have been put off by one ######s remark!
                          That will work!!

Toughen the F up Princess

and if you pay your subs you can send me abuse direct by pm
                          Brian

Comment

Re

Any of these towbars left?

Could someone please take a detailed snap of a towbar fitted...please?

I got a custom exhaust and I want to see if it would fit without to much hassle!

Gary

BTW

I think that you all are well out of order treating a new member like this, he was only trying to help us out with some info, shame on you!
                            Last edited by hellmett; 5 May 2008, 18:18.

Comment

Anyone who is in the market for a towbar will not really give a damn if this is an advert or not anyway. Whether it is type approved or not, it's a good buy and will tow your trailer. The average price for a Surf towbar seems to be around £100 plus from what I have seen.
                              I just bought a Surf which has a towbar fitted. I don't think it is type approved as I can see no sign of a sticker on it and one end has been burned off with a burning lamp as it looks like it was fouling a bolt on the chassis. I have no intention of replacing it, but if my new purchase had not had a tow bar fitted, I would be queueing up for this at £25. As a matter of fact, I had to add the grey 12S electrics and a beeper to the 12N flashers as this was not fitted and it cost me over £50 for the parts to do that.
                              Thanks for the tip off.

One of the worst things about internet forums are the few members you inevitably get who want to flame people for making what they think are helpful posts and indeed are helpful posts to some members. Just because you don't want to read the post, doesn't mean other people won't appreciate them. Did you notice the link to the next thread? that's much better than posting a reply condemming the OP and makes you look like a grown up.

over
                              Last edited by SoundsDigital; 5 May 2008, 18:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X