Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checks after deepish water

Hi guys,

Been to pay an play site today to check the greabox and transfer box all works after makin 2 into 1. All was well - thank god.

Had a real good time an only one hairy moment when it slid sidways on a narrow part just missing a tree. Hubby cheeks tightned a bit.

Any way what checks do I need to do after wading in deepish water - sure I have read something about there being checks you should make, just cant remember where.

Truck did really well considering my AT's are bordering on legal. Need to get some mud tyres asap, amongst other things. Pics wont upload as they're too big so will hopefully sort out later.

Oh an some guy had drowned his poor surf when we got there - within an hour or so it was back up an running. Knocking its head off but he assured me it sounded like that before he came.

Cheers
    Viv
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Shamless plug I will have tyres for sale in the parts section once admin see my paypal payment.
    As for deepish water as long as you weren't at a standstill for a long period you should be fine. If you plan to do a lot of deep water then diff breathers would be an idea
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      Shamless plug I will have tyres for sale in the parts section once admin see my paypal payment.
      As for deepish water as long as you weren't at a standstill for a long period you should be fine. If you plan to do a lot of deep water then diff breathers would be an idea
      Keep me eye out for that then.

No it wasnt ever stood still, well planning to put a snorkle on so look in to those - is it a job you can do yourself?

Comment

If the water was muddy check for a cacked up rad, we don't want to hear of your truck suffering overheating.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
          Hi guys,

Been to pay an play site today to check the greabox and transfer box all works after makin 2 into 1. All was well - thank god.

Had a real good time an only one hairy moment when it slid sidways on a narrow part just missing a tree. Hubby cheeks tightned a bit.

Any way what checks do I need to do after wading in deepish water - sure I have read something about there being checks you should make, just cant remember where.

Truck did really well considering my AT's are bordering on legal. Need to get some mud tyres asap, amongst other things. Pics wont upload as they're too big so will hopefully sort out later.

Oh an some guy had drowned his poor surf when we got there - within an hour or so it was back up an running. Knocking its head off but he assured me it sounded like that before he came.

Cheers
          Viv
          glad to hear you had a good day, diff breathers a must when you get your snorkel,
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

No it wasnt ever stood still, well planning to put a snorkle on so look in to those - is it a job you can do yourself?
            bibs if your anygood with power tools and you can get over making that first cut into the body work then you can do it yourself.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Yes diff breathers are very simple parts cost about £12 will be threads here somewhere
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                If the water was muddy check for a cacked up rad, we don't want to hear of your truck suffering overheating.

Trev
                Thats the first job tomorrow then. Was very sandy / mudy water.

Cheers Trev - I'll take the squirrel pasty comment back eh.
                Last edited by Bibs; 4 May 2008, 17:16.

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                  glad to hear you had a good day, diff breathers a must when you get your snorkel,
                  cheers mate - did you get to meet up with them in Wales?

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                  bibs if your anygood with power tools and you can get over making that first cut into the body work then you can do it yourself.
                  Well I set out to do things an hubby just takes over, so he ends up doing it coz he says it will take all day.

But yeah we are going to bodge our own as I can't afford a few hundred quid. Plus I kinda like homemade ones. Gives um character.

Will search for diff breather threads now.

Cheers guys.

Comment

no......... all i got round to doing today was shopping at tescos

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                      no......... all i got round to doing today was shopping at tescos
                      oh poor you.

Comment

What a great way to spend a sunday - NOT
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

atleast i got to drive the surf................

Comment

were did you go Bibs?
                            sounds like you had fun
                            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                              were did you go Bibs?
                              sounds like you had fun

Hill n ditch, in mouldsworth - its an old quarry, good for a laff.

Yeah really enjoyed it cheers Good for confidence.

Took me mate with his mrs Land cruiser (she bottled it) - never been b4 but by the end he was hooked. Even gave us a load of stick coz mine didn't make it up the big rutted hill.

His is a 4.5ltr with muds. What does he expect......ha ha ha

Comment

Working...
                              X