Waste Veg First Batch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waste Veg First Batch

First 30ltr done should have 60ltr cleaned by Wed.

Looks okay and is less viscous than the new Veg.

Started out as this.

After an overnight slow filter, then a pumped filter through a 25 micron filter

Last edited by yoshie; 4 May 2008, 16:24.
    Brian

nice hope it works out ok for ya dude looks clean tho
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

looks much cleaner, did you have to take any water out of it?
      or does slow filtering do that?

Comment

pete, I have mixed some with petrol and diesel and have no separation
        I'm sure it's good to go. I may fit a 5 micron pre fuel filter to the surf.
        Brian

Comment

It looks about the same as mine after filtering Yoshie, dont know what micron size kitchen towel is but after running it through five funnels with a paper change on each one, about six sheets a time, takes bl00dy ages tho, 2 weeks to filter 45lt's, added either petrol or white spirits and aint had no trouble, a little loss of power but it's cr@p anyway,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Is that just filtered, or did you process with potassium/sodium hydroxide and methanol? I got some so called used cooking oil, but it's a solid mass. Apparantly, processing it will make it usable as fuel, but I have my doubts.

Comment

If it's a solid block it's no good .It started life as a soild block most likely.
              What you need is used veg oil. I filter it first through a pillow case to catch most of the fats. {slow filter} Then I use the filter housings and pressure gauges below. I use an electric or drill pump for this. This takes the oil down through 50 the 25 microns. You will see stuff for sale down to 1 micron but 25 is plenty you could go as low as 5 microns if you wanted, and I may fit a 5 micron pre filter to the truck.
              50 microns and above are washable filters below they are disposable.

Last edited by yoshie; 4 May 2008, 21:34.
              Brian

Comment

Looking good Yoshie, Nice one

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it comin tho !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

I need a wee top up bro! and you do need a test pilot for that stuff dont cha!
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsDigital View Post
                    Is that just filtered, or did you process with potassium/sodium hydroxide and methanol?
                    Well, it ain't no biodiesel, that's for sure, so I think it's safe to assume that it is just filtered WVO.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                      Well, it ain't no biodiesel, that's for sure, so I think it's safe to assume that it is just filtered WVO.
                      Maybe no biodiesel.
                      But in addition to the first load running the truck sweetly. I have found Matt, that the thicker heavier oil has compensated well for my lack of ARBs. I didnt roll over once today Unlike last week at D9 where on straight veg I managed to roll her onto her side easily.
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                        Maybe no biodiesel.
                        That wasn't a sarcy post I made, btw. I was just commenting upon the obvious colour/opacity, (take your pick), giveaway.

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                        But in addition to the first load running the truck sweetly. I have found Matt, that the thicker heavier oil has compensated well for my lack of ARBs. I didnt roll over once today Unlike last week at D9 where on straight veg I managed to roll her onto her side easily.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                          That wasn't a sarcy post I made, btw. I was just commenting upon the obvious colour/opacity, (take your pick), giveaway.

lol I know mate
                          Brian

Comment

Latest new

My friend drove up from Italy Sunday and one of the things he is involved with is selling Bio Diesel plants (industrial size). He is pretty clever and told me all i have to do with my used veg oil is mix two thirds oil and one third water and stir 2-3 times. Leave it to settle for 24 hours and this will take out the glycerol as Glycerol is sugar and this sticks to the water which then will all float to the top. You of course with UVO need to strain as well. Don't know if works with new veg oil, but worth a try. He usually knows what he is talking about. Also a container with a tap at the bottom would be needed.
                            I can not do at present as running on 100%diesel for my hydrogen test, which any results have been delayed for week or two due to not realising that the fuse had gone and system wasn't producing any gas. Fixed it now and will be checking everyday to see if water is bubbling up.
                            My Italian friend who has made a kit in stainless steel etc with 6 anods in each jar said mine would not produce very much gas.
                            Time will tell.
                            If anyone gives the oil cleaning a try, let us know.
                            Philip
                            Still Searching,
                            Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                              My friend drove up from Italy Sunday and one of the things he is involved with is selling Bio Diesel plants (industrial size). He is pretty clever and told me all i have to do with my used veg oil is mix two thirds oil and one third water and stir 2-3 times. Leave it to settle for 24 hours and this will take out the glycerol as Glycerol is sugar and this sticks to the water which then will all float to the top.
                              He's talking bunkum Philip. People wouldn't be arsing around with hazardous chemicals if it was that easy. Water washing is used in the process, but it isn't a single phase process.

Comment

Working...
                              X