Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying advise

hello all,
    i am a very newbie to this great site, and hope you may be able to help me a little. I am in the process of buying my first surf (deposit paid just waiting to get it registred ect) the guy who is selling it is giving me 6 months p&l waranty. is there any thing in particular i should check out before i part with the rest of my hard earned. i've read some stories of cylinder heads vapourizing and stuff and dont want to get stung.
    the car is a 2.4 auto deeezul (LN 130) '92. 66k(miles)
    i havent owned a diesel before or a four wheel drive, but when i saw the surf i knew i soon would do!! it's like waiting for christmas though.
    even the wife likes it............and the car!!

hope you can help.

andy crofts (dieselfourbyfournumptyvirgin)

Originally posted by andrewcrofts
    hello all,
    i am a very newbie to this great site, and hope you may be able to help me a little. I am in the process of buying my first surf (deposit paid just waiting to get it registred ect) the guy who is selling it is giving me 6 months p&l waranty. is there any thing in particular i should check out before i part with the rest of my hard earned. i've read some stories of cylinder heads vapourizing and stuff and dont want to get stung.
    the car is a 2.4 auto deeezul (LN 130) '92. 66k(miles)
    i havent owned a diesel before or a four wheel drive, but when i saw the surf i knew i soon would do!! it's like waiting for christmas though.
    even the wife likes it............and the car!!

hope you can help.

andy crofts (dieselfourbyfournumptyvirgin)
    Have a look here for starters.... http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
    X