• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one seen a 2 door surf?

I`ve never seen any others I own two of them and one is for sale real soon
    every one else has 4 door models

These have to be ultra rare??????

Don`t get on to the pc every day but mail me or call me please about any others that are out and about

thedrillerfromhell@hotmail.com scottie 07766626661

2 door 2nd gens were only made between 1990 to 1992. There are a few 2 door owners here
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

There's around three or four on this forum, I still think they look wierd

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        There's around three or four on this forum, I still think they look wierd
        what the trucks or their owners?
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by scott harlow View Post
          I`ve never seen any others I own two of them and one is for sale real soon
          every one else has 4 door models

These have to be ultra rare??????

Don`t get on to the pc every day but mail me or call me please about any others that are out and about

thedrillerfromhell@hotmail.com scottie 07766626661
          The for sale section cost money you smack of a Trader. Hopefully this thread will be deleted directly
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
            what the trucks or their owners?

MadMac for one
            Brian

Comment

I`m not a trader in any way and i don`t like your inference

I`m a genuine hilux owner but my parntner also runs and no wonder i`ve found this site not to be as forth coming as HPOC with morons like you

I just mentioned that it could be for sale in the near future i didn`t advertise it or state how much

And supposedly your a site sponser so you would know how rare they were????
              So would it not be of interest to your members that such a rare beast could be up and coming????????

Is that not what owners sites and people who love certain modeks all about ????

Comment

Honestly, they aint that rare, and they're no more desirable. They aren't worth any more than a 4 door.

Cant see how after two posts, both inferring you're gonna be selling a Surf, that you can say this site isn't as forthcoming as HPOC!!

I must admit, you did come across simply as someone who wanted to sell a truck...
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Take your pick boys

As for how rare they are, the quick answer is 'not very'. Not as common as the 4 doors, but they had a much shorter production run.

You're not drawing anyone into a battle with HPOC if that's what you want to do by the way. They have pick ups, we have surfs and we all get on fine.

Comment

well some of us have surfs,some of us USED to have surfs but sold them to iconic pink catsuit wearing persons,but !!!!.......................... ..i still have to close my glove box every time i turn left as it opens,so im getting in practice for owning an mg.

i thought hpoc was on the verge of serious action,didnt they accuse the site owner of nicking money,(and all im doing is asking)
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      well some of us have surfs,some of us USED to have surfs but sold them to iconic pink catsuit wearing persons,but !!!!.......................... ..i still have to close my glove box every time i turn left as it opens,so im getting in practice for owning an mg.
                      I sold the previous one to a rather nice looking young lady from Birmingham so I'm getting ever more glamourous...

You're a bitch by the way, I'll scratch your eyes out. Nothing's fallen off yet, I must have the one that was built properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                        I sold the previous one to a rather nice looking young lady from Birmingham so I'm getting ever more glamourous...

You're a bitch by the way, I'll scratch your eyes out. Nothing's fallen off yet, I must have the one that was built properly.
                        i am so not a bitch so there,the one i drove (again )last week was superb !!

it was the one based on a rover 45(?) shape,but the similarity ended there.it went like....fark !!!!

and you could just chuck it into a corner and it went round instead of through a garden wall,so there im not a bitch(tart yes)

ps im meeting up with your last one and its new owner and its suspension raise and mud tyres tomorrow at the services near swindon,and im going to watch it go do some EXTREME offroading
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hey sancho no need for the hand bags mate i only fight with mud and ruts and anything that needs getting over

Ok short run production wise hey her indoors loves her 2 door wouldn`t entertain anything else bought the other one to fit the derv into my lux

So short run makes them rare

Still one thig we all need to remember if it wasn`t for the lux!!!!!!!!!!!!!would there be a surf ?

Granted they are nicer to drive softer more plush oh even i have to admit that but ??????????????????????????

Would a surf have survived top gear?????? probrably but we`ve yet to find out lol

Ok enough of the silllyness the post was to try to track down any other owners and a possible meet if there are any shows for lets say hilux owners surf or other wise. And its funny the amount of surf owners that stop and say oh emm oh emm thats different. Yes hers has all the chrome runs 35`s and looks the dogs nuts then when i say yes yours is 4 door they realise why it looks so different so one off

and they all drive away SMILING

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                            ps im meeting up with your last one and its new owner and its suspension raise and mud tyres tomorrow at the services near swindon,and im going to watch it go do some EXTREME offroading
                            Just don't drive it through any water....

Comment

So short run makes them rare
                              Im not sure exactly how rare they are. they seem to pop up every now an again.... as for how desirable they are... i would say that 95% of the people here an people who might buy a Surf would prefer a 4 door.

Still one thig we all need to remember if it wasn`t for the lux!!!!!!!!!!!!!would there be a surf ?
                              Doubt it as its based on the mk3 pickup. But seriously why would it matter?

Would a surf have survived top gear?????? probrably but we`ve yet to find out lol
                              All we know from top gears finding is that the mk2 pickup is a pretty solid truck!

Again mate, who cares?! Top gear was some good watching but its hardly relevant to anything is it?!

Welcome to the site mate, Bit of advice... dont come in here guns blazing. You'll get shot down!

Comment

Working...
                              X