Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed Road Tax Increase.

Can't believe this government!
    Will the increases affect pre 2001 vehicles?
    Anyone able to shed light on this?

Which proposed tax increase? I haven't heard of anything new.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

This should help explaine:

The data is for a Petrol V6 4-Runner which is the nearest equivalent to my V6 Surf, but it seems to be the same for stinky diesels. The fact that our Surfs are imports should be irrelevant.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/?deriv=8423
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Secret tax adds £200 to cost of running family cars

Originally posted by FOURWHEELER View Post
        Can't believe this government!
        Will the increases affect pre 2001 vehicles?
        Anyone able to shed light on this?
        Try this link. http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol...cle3842848.ece
        Viva Gonzo Gordo...
        High living standards mean high expenditures. Money has to come from somewhere. Our pockets...

One good question read on a forum:
        "How much co2 do large police cars (BMWs, Subarus, Mondeos), motorway patrol 4x4s, ambulances, politicians jaguars emit? May be they should all start driving priuses, shouldn't they lead by example? Their running costs including road tax do come out of the public purse."
        Surfing the dunes

Comment

I was of the impression that cars made for the Japanese market had far stricter emission controls than the UK.
          This being the case shouldn't all grey imports from Japan be in a lower band? (Providing the emission controls, EGR valve, hasn't been disconnected or bypassed)

If this isn't the case then ignore me
          Ian
          One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

They are stricter, but also on things we don't test for. Besides, a lot of the imports are here because they wouldn't pass across there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by tibshelby View Post
              One good question read on a forum:
              "How much co2 do large police cars (BMWs, Subarus, Mondeos), motorway patrol 4x4s, ambulances, politicians jaguars emit? May be they should all start driving priuses, shouldn't they lead by example? Their running costs including road tax do come out of the public purse."
              Politicians should be shafted with a vengeance for everything they are hypocritical over. To impose those restrictions on any of the services would be silly, however. A 1100 c.c engined ambulance, for example, would be sod all use.

Comment

as far as i know it wont affect our surfs.. its only cars and the lower end of 2001 that will be affected
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                X