Oil refinery strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
    I assumed its a BP company.... when you order tankers its a hard line approach...you know a strike is coming...so all the chat about meaningful dialogue....
    It's an assumption that a few folk are making, but I assure you, Ineos are nothing to do with BP.

I'm not about to sit here and explain the intricacies of the oil and gas industries, but there are tanker loads of fuel dotted around the world just waiting to b bought on the spot markets. It's easy to get one into the uk very quickly.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Can we rely on you when things like 'water power', 'bobboxes', power increases due to cone filters, trucks crashing due to removed ARBs, erroneous aerodynamic theory etc are mentioned then? Thats when you've 'arrived'
      Yep, I'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        I'm pretty damn sure they'd have arranged for it anyway, as a strike was even a possibility. They'd be pretty dumb not to.

(Not taking sides here, just putting myself in the management / govt shoes)
        Of couse they will, they're not stupid. Better safe than sorry, they'll sell it anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
          Hindsight is a great thing..but if the unions knew tankers were on the way..they could have called off the strike...leaving the refinery working with tankers waiting to dock to unload unneeded fuel.
          Hindsight has nothing to do with it, both Ineos and BP have known this may happen for weeks, so BP have taken steps to guarantee supplies.

That's not what it's about. The tankers were ordered by a company called BP, the dispute is with a company called Ineos.

Why would the unions call off a strike because of something another company is doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            but there are tanker loads of fuel dotted around the world just waiting to b bought on the spot markets. It's easy to get one into the uk very quickly.
            Perhaps we could organise a group buy?

Comment

i reckon its gordon browns fault for bringing about a rapid collapse of the pensions industry by taxing it(to the tune of 5 billion quid a year) to pay for outreach coordinators to wipe prescotts puke up !!!

the guy is a joke(prescott and brown btw)

but it is fun watching someone who is in denial even more than john major was in 1997 !!
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Ha ha ha feel strongly about it then........
                How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

wow bibs it posted about a trillion times for some reason !!!
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                  X