Comeing on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comeing on

It is! been busy working out the step arrangement, i've made another bracket to mount the ram on as i did'nt like it at an angle like it was, it's more or less in line now, i found some things with roller bearings on em so i've cut em down and fitted em as ya see, these'll run on the edges and when the ones i ordered finally turn up these will run top and bottom of the channel, (the channel i cut out of oblong box section,) once these are in i need to make some bump stops (inner and outer) i've a cunning stunt to stop the ram pushing the step the full lenght of it's travel which i'll reveal if you cross me palm with silver (or preferably folding)
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
    It is! been busy working out the step arrangement, i've made another bracket to mount the ram on as i did'nt like it at an angle like it was, it's more or less in line now, i found some things with roller bearings on em so i've cut em down and fitted em as ya see, these'll run on the edges and when the ones i ordered finally turn up these will run top and bottom of the channel, (the channel i cut out of oblong box section,) once these are in i need to make some bump stops (inner and outer) i've a cunning stunt to stop the ram pushing the step the full lenght of it's travel which i'll reveal if you cross me palm with silver (or preferably folding)
    Pressure cut out switch, sensor. Nice work think the milk crate would have done for my pocket
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Hey Ian with all these mods your doing you'll be able to bring the Mrs to the RTTS this year.She'll have no probs getting in and out the truck now.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'm sure she'd love bounceing around all over creation rich

Nowt so mundain as presure switches or sensors, it's two bits of metal! the ram arm passes through the first and pushes the step out then retracts and catches the first bit and pulls it back in

Comment

nice bit of engineering and fabrication there ian,i like it.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
            nice bit of engineering and fabrication there ian,i like it.
            Cheer's Mark! praise from ceasar etc (prob spelt ceasar wrong) but you know what i mean

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Isn't it going to get damaged on rocks and full of mud?

Oh yeah, what was I thinking!

Good job (I guess, but you're talking to someone who makes a career out of remove low hanging junk from under trucks!! )
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'll be ok as long as the rocks are on the off side

Comment

Looks good, can't wait to see a vid of it in action.

How much control over the extending/returning are you going to have. I have visions of you parked in Tesco car-park, pressing the button, and smacking the step through the door of a Merc that's parked a bit too close.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
                      Looks good, can't wait to see a vid of it in action.

How much control over the extending/returning are you going to have. I have visions of you parked in Tesco car-park, pressing the button, and smacking the step through the door of a Merc that's parked a bit too close.
                      It might come in handy for chopping the legs off kirbside yobs if i fit a samuri sword to it, it comes out about 250 - 300 mm, makeing it so the ram can travel it's full lenght but dose'nt take the step the full lenght with it, i'm haveing a right fiddley job fitting the verticle rollers, spent the afternoon hacksawing down the heads of 28 bolts so they and two rollers each fit in the channel, now i have to cut 28 nuts in half to make lockers so they dont foul the channel, i hope she apprecieats me or i can see the step retracting while shes on it

Comment

will it upset the MOT man?
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                          will it upset the MOT man?
                          As long as it dosn't stick out the side when retracted, I can't see it being an issue.
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

No when it's in (retracted) it's more or less inline with the side tube, in further than the original steps

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X