fuel shortages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    That's the outlet profiteering, not the oil companies. The cost price of fuel has not risen for months.
    totally agree its the duty then the vat on top of that is what cripples us as well.

Comment

Another thing you southerners have to remember is that at worst this will only cause issues in Scotland and the north of England.

If the price in the south has gone up, it's your dealer profiteering. If you have shortages, it's your own fault for panic buying.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Explain please?
        You answered yourself in post 13

Agree any shortages south of the border are due to the usual fools who'll also be out buying trolleys full of milk and bread!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

From reading the posts it sounds like "Mad Max" is just round the Corner ....

There's always a Payback .... Yajust never see it Comin !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
            From reading the posts it sounds like "Mad Max" is just round the Corner ....

There's always a Payback .... Yajust never see it Comin !!!!

Said that myself for a while and i think it's slowly coming true, i'm just waiting for people to start cutting fuel lines and nicking the fuel overnight, or ripping your fuel cap and siphoning off the fuel as if prices rise people will be nicking your fuel

Comment

It's got up to £1.25 around here and £1.50 in marlborough
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

mr.plod and customs been tank dipping up here around skipton,[yorks dales]
                was pulling all farmers in layby on a59 harrogate road.they will get worse now derv is going up,will start pulling anybody in.lets all run on parrafin and derv,don;t know if the surf will run on that mix.might try it.im not going to let this shower of #######s beat me with high fuel costs.the surf will keep running on something.i need it for work.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
                  It's got up to £1.25 around here and £1.50 in marlborough
                  marlborough's always been expensive... when we had the blockades last tie, he put it up to over £1... everyone else was around 62p!!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Marlborough had the most expensive garage I've ever seen! On the through road near the zebra crossing.

Comment

He's been a lot more reasonable over the last year though - only around 10p a litre more than anybody else !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Just been out to buy some camping bits and pieces for next weeks wales trip (wee... wee...) and there's no sign of any longer queues at the pumps, or signs of prices rising from the already ludicrous £1.20 - £1.22 a litre here in Malvern.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          Just been out to buy some camping bits and pieces for next weeks wales trip (wee... wee...) and there's no sign of any longer queues at the pumps, or signs of prices rising from the already ludicrous £1.20 - £1.22 a litre here in Malvern.
                          its up to 129.9 is the highest around here
                          cheapest is 119.9 and thats only at asda
                          robb dogs
                          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Well, went out Saturday morning and passed 5 petrol stations on the way. Each one was packed out with people queing onto the road! We're 470 miles (roughly) from Grangemouth!!
                            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Damn fools!

BBC a minute ago, some stupid bint predicting a 'fuel drought'! I thought BBC were supposed to report fact, not opinionated spin!

Comment

That's the outlet profiteering, not the oil companies. The cost price of fuel has not risen for months.
                                Totally agree with that!! I have to ask though, who is really letting this happen? Unfortunately it is down to us, Joe Public who still buys the stuff!!!
                                Before you shoot me down in flames, , I know we need the stuff in order to move, but ever since the cost of fuel has broken the £1/litre mark - it had bubbled around 96p/97p ish for months - it seems to have crept up on a daily basis We have just sat back and let it happen, and in fact I cannot believe that there has been a lack of the voice of protest anywhere!

If we were in France and this kept happening, there would be protests with road blocks, blockades of the ports etc until action was taken - usually ending in victory for the punter!!

I know it's not easy to protest over here in this democratic society - or do I mean Mr. Brown's dictatorship - with certain protesting being made illegal. It is also difficult getting people to stand together, but unless we make a stand and take action, things will never change!!!

That's my two pennies worth, and I wish I had an answer but I don't, but come the revolution.................... ...

Cheers, Nick
                                "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
                                X