I've gone to the dark side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've gone to the dark side

Hi all, just to let you know, I've gone to the dark side and decided to change the surf for a newer 4x4 and bought a Ford Explorer. Well it seemed rude to let all the tree huggers get all hot n bothered over a 2.4L diesel planet killer when I could taunt them with a 4.0L petrol guzzler. That brazillian rain forest will be a thing of the past after a couple trips to asda's in the new beast, not to mention several rare species of toads and snow leopards.
    Anyhoo, I'll be putting the surf in the for sale section over the weekend if anyone is interested and I may split some of the extras off it also, like the bull bars, side steps, wheel spacers etc.
    You've all been really helpful on here and I'll still stop by to mock and ridicule for IOTW and read the joke section too.
    Thanks all, and see you off road somewhere, only I'll be doing it more comfortably and waiting for you lot to pull me out of the sticky stuff
    Doug.
    Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!!!!

wow ford explorer did you have a read up on them first??
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I've got one of those for sale - on behalf of my dad - could have done you a really good deal......
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Yes, big, comfortable and more ponies to pull it along than the cast of the ben hurr chariot race

Comment

Originally posted by L3Mm1n6 View Post
          Yes, big, comfortable and more ponies to pull it along than the cast of the ben hurr chariot race
          Trouble is though - the fuel economy - no, that's not the right word - the oil refinery emptying qualities kind of tip the balance the wrong way with that - I think it's 1 mpg away from single figures in town, and reaches the dizzy heights of 18-20 out of town........enjoy!

Comment

That's gonna be LPG in the near future so it'll only really cost about the same to run as an ordinary saloon.

Comment

That's gonna be LPG in the near future so it'll only really cost about the same to run as an ordinary saloon.

Good choice - it's a nice, spacious car and will go forever.....just not round corners I've lost count of the times mum has called telling me dad's slid round a roundabout......but plenty of room and very comfy....

Comment

on my way to caldrose yesterday i seen a sign saying lpg 56.5 is that good for lpg

Comment

could be worse he could of got the Expedition which is a lot thirstier.
                  my brotherimported one from Texas a couple of years ago and it is nice but i wouldn't want one myself
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
                    on my way to caldrose yesterday i seen a sign saying lpg 56.5 is that good
                    It's a damn site better than Diesel 119.9

Comment

It's a damn site better than Diesel 119.9
                      yeah true

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
                        on my way to caldrose yesterday i seen a sign saying lpg 56.5 is that good for lpg
                        where's Caldrose Will??

I know where Culdrose is but not Caldrose
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                          where's Caldrose Will??

I know where Culdrose is but not Caldrose
                          not my fault i cant spell lol ya beyatch

Comment

did u get spence to do your pump?

Comment

make sure its had all the re-calls done.....theres still one running at the mo for the cruise control. You may have heard the stories of people being killed because "it wouldn't stop....just went on, even with the brakes on?" Well after several years and different component changes, it appears to be the cut -off switch on the brake master cylinder....make sure its been done, also tyres were blowing in the states and had to be changed.....listen for knocking/tapping from the engine, timing chains and tensioners let go, and the driver side bank is driven from the BACK of the engine so it has to be removed and complete strip to replace (with special tools), also remember Ford dealers HATE them with a passion. Parts are expensive and the majority need to be factory ordered....discs and pads are common and cost two arms and a leg.....you are being warned!
                              What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Working...
                              X