No announcement yet.

started my towing lessons today !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think the test is pretty much just a hitch and de-hitch, reverse in a kinda "S" accross the test centre yard, park the trailer in a box without hitting the barrier, emergency stop... then maybe a drive around the block.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I'm glad I passed my car test when god's dog was a puppy.

But paradoxically, I'm glad I only passed my bike test 3 years ago. I learned so much more about riding and spotting potential asassins than I would have with just a ride round the block...
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

But paradoxically, I'm glad I only passed my bike test 3 years ago. I learned so much more about riding and spotting potential asassins than I would have with just a ride round the block...

my bike test... the question was "things that will get you noticed on the road" (e.g. road position, high-viz etc...)

my answer... "big tits and a nice smile"!!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

well i've had me licence 10 years and like you there albannach,I learned so much more about spotting potential asassins in my recent lesson ! YEAH i noticed those traffic lights ahead but NOT if someone was approaching ! thus given you that extra bit of time required to stop/decide when towingits about thinking/awareness

i will agree about the revenue aspect too BUT i had no choice ! either PAY(minmal) to be legal or join the CHAV end of society and not bother with insurance ! i could afford the trailor i want then !

anyway i hope the thread might make anyone not aware of the situation a little more knowledgable and encourage persons to sort it ! as mentioned the practical part of the test could be done by monkey! right turn "CLYDE" or is that the examiner ! erm (more confusion)

fatboy33
          " loving my surf "

Comment

Working...
          X