started my towing lessons today !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started my towing lessons today !

i took my test in 1998 which means i cannot tow! ANYTHING !
    WHICH,i have always thought a good idea considering the amount of CLUELESS NUMPTYS towing anything and everything without on the road ! sorry bit of a rant there !
    anyway i've basicly grown up around vechiles(dads scrap yard)and weekend banger racing so known how to drive since my teens including parking the trailor ect ect !
    i thought it really handy today doing a lesson after ten years on the road ! i'm looking real forwad to next week and my test by the end of MAY !

my instructor advised me of the exact nature of the test and its not really difficult at all !
    anyone else done it ?
    if like me you took your test after after1997 i reckon its not a bad bet to get legal ! ! ! and tow erm how can i put it QUALIFIED lol

fatboy33
    " loving my surf "

not strictly true that you can't tow anything, i haven't worked the ins and outs yet but you can tow upto 750kg unbraked, i can't remember what the braked trailer rules are on the new licenses but i gotta do minibus and trailer sometime soon coz i know i ain't covered for a 2.5 tonne box on the back of a minibus.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

That's pretty much right. I think you youngsters have Category B on your licence, but you need B+E to be up with us fogies. Details here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...es/DG_10013073

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
        That's pretty much right. I think you youngsters have Category B on your licence, but you need B+E to be up with us fogies. Details here:

B+E sounds like break and enter

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post

It's not just the youngsters - I only found out after I had bought my truck that I can't tow (anything heavier than the vehicle I was told) because I only passed my test just over 5 years ago.
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

I passed my test in '88 so I'm technically qualified to tow things. I've tried in the past when moving house with a box trailer. Going forward was dead easy. Backwards was a disaster. I reckon the test is a good thing, so good luck for when you take it.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

lol i passed my test in 96 when they started the theory tests
              so can drive 7 1/2 tonner and trailer on car license
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Yeah - not a bad thing when you see some people trying to reverse horse trailers
                How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
                  I passed my test in '88 so I'm technically qualified to tow things. I've tried in the past when moving house with a box trailer. Going forward was dead easy. Backwards was a disaster. I reckon the test is a good thing, so good luck for when you take it.
                  I passed mine in 88 as well, and i'm pretty good at reversing with a trailer, comes from towing bangers about for about 5 or 6 years.............
                  Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH View Post
                    I passed mine in 88 as well, and i'm pretty good at reversing with a trailer, comes from towing bangers about for about 5 or 6 years.............
                    88 that explains a few things ........Two fat ladies
                    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
                      88 that explains a few things ........Two fat ladies
                      What, mr heavy weight of the shift......................... .
                      Working at last.......

Comment

I agree in general about having some kind of rules and regs coz some idiots should not be on the road, but a lot of it is just an excuse to bring in more revenue. a lad who works for me has just done a fortune on the thoery test because he failed it a few times and i don't think it makes any difference to his driving and he's already on the road on a motor bike any way. where's the sence in that. you pass a theory for one licence then you have to pass the same theory again to get another licence. (so it's not about the money then W@ankers)
                        Ive got a class 1 so i can tow what ever i want
                        www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                          I agree in general about having some kind of rules and regs coz some idiots should not be on the road, but a lot of it is just an excuse to bring in more revenue. a lad who works for me has just done a fortune on the thoery test because he failed it a few times and i don't think it makes any difference to his driving and he's already on the road on a motor bike any way. where's the sence in that. you pass a theory for one licence then you have to pass the same theory again to get another licence. (so it's not about the money then W@ankers)
                          Ive got a class 1 so i can tow what ever i want
                          I agree its more about the revenue than safety. I dont disagree with the test but i resent having to keep paying out to gain even more bits of paper just to get on with life.

I should legaly go and pay for the test but its just another added tax on motoring that i cant afford. I passed my test in 2001 so by law to tow i must take the test,
                          If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

You need a license to drive a car?
                            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

That's a daft rule.

In general, the heavier the trailer, the longer it will be. And the longer (longer fulcrum) the trailer the slower it will react; the slower it reacts the easier it is to control.

Definitely a money thing...
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X