No announcement yet.

Classic - Cars Petition - Gov Response.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being English means we're pessimistic by both birth and design. It's the learning to ignore it which is the important part.

Comment

not grumpy, or gloomy, and only partially english... (feeling less so by the minute)

But what I object to is the spin... all of this cr4p should be in plain english...

And the fact that I don't like being pushed into a decision... I have chosen the vehicle I want to drive... and I would like to keep driving it.

Comment

Spot on sir !

However you CAN continue to drive your Surf - it'll just mean that in a couple of years you'll need to re-mortgage the house and sell a child or two .....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

got two kids to sell... should get a good price for them...

but the house is already remortgaged... and thats just to pay for the food.

Comment

Optimum age is 11 for girls and 13 for boys - after that they start getting too difficult and people don't want them. Unfortunately my three are 15 and well past their sell by date !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
              Sorry, I think I've missed the point here.

You signed a petition that said not to ban old cars and the reply was that they don't think it would be a good idea and they have no intention to. What's bad about that?

As for the LEZ, I do wish people would stop getting worked up about that. It doesn't apply to cars. There is no more to say about that. It just doesn't apply. End of. New coaches, buses and trucks meet the emissions standards so there is no issue.
              apart from all the small haulage/operators now goin out of business?

Comment

if your log book says 4x4 light utility vehicle you are fubarred from entering the m25 from i think its late 2010 [like my green one ,that why i didnt fix it ]
                my blue one as estate on log book so it isnt affected by the low emissions zone ,

so its all down to your log book

ps i drive a 7 1/2 ton lorry which is a r reg which has passed the low emmissions standard so does not need to get a filter fitted [£3000-6000
                not a lot of people know about this clause for older lorries
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                  if your log book says 4x4 light utility vehicle you are fubarred from entering the m25 from i think its late 2010 [like my green one ,that why i didnt fix it ]
                  my blue one as estate on log book so it isnt affected by the low emissions zone ,

so its all down to your log book

ps i drive a 7 1/2 ton lorry which is a r reg which has passed the low emmissions standard so does not need to get a filter fitted [£3000-6000
                  not a lot of people know about this clause for older lorries
                  yr kin lucky then lol,our firm has had approx 40 filters done so far!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    not me !! my boss but hes got a vw van thats only got about 30 -40,000 miles that fails in 2010
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

It's all accademic, because the government ( both local and central) will do whatever they please to meet their own ends, and line their own pockets, whilst f**king the rest of us right up the a*se!

The People of "Great Britain" will never rise up and say NO because we are all too weary and downtrodden trying to pay the bills and make ends meet. We just don't have the time or the energy o fight back any more.

All our "disposable" income will soon be eaten up by the increasing cost of fuel ( both vehicular and domestic) and food, and so we will not be able to afford to run the vehicles we choose, or live in the houses we would like to.

The government will claim this as a victory on green issues and gloat at how their tax hikes are saving the planet, meanwhile, we'll all be driving hybrid smart cars and living in small ecofriendly boxes and wearing woolen smocks and eating f**king lentils ( coz that's all we'll be able to afford)

The only way you'll be able to have what you want is to be a chavvie/pikey/hoody/thief/scumbag coz then you'll have rights, and the government will give you everything you need for a happy and comfotable life.

rant over.
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post

The only way you'll be able to have what you want is to be a chavvie/pikey/hoody/thief/scumbag coz then you'll have rights, and the government will give you everything you need for a happy and comfotable life.

rant over.
                        Well said that man.
                        Another option is to leave your job and have about a million kids, then the state pays for everything! I work all day and everyday, my fiance works loads of overtime to get a third taken off in tax, just to make ends meet, whilst all the single mums that live around us get to stay at home every day, drink all the time and have shouting matches in the street at 3am every night.
                        Ho hum. I think i've turned into a cynical old man prematurely

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post

how old is your fleet???

we don't have anything over 3 yrs old, but at the moment, you're ok with anything newer than 2001, or complying with euro emmissions....

surely a big company with 40+ vehicles doesn't run many vehicles that old??
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                            how old is your fleet???

we don't have anything over 3 yrs old, but at the moment, you're ok with anything newer than 2001, or complying with euro emmissions....

surely a big company with 40+ vehicles doesn't run many vehicles that old??
                            they do,trouble is with heavy wreckers(spec to tow trucks upto 50 tonne) they cost 200k+ new,in our yard(1 of 8 others) we go from r reg to an 08

Comment

Working...
                            X