Hydrogen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydrogen

Just had the Hydrogen (Browns Gas) system fitted to my 3ltr 3rd gen. Took about 90 minutes. The system itself consists of 2 bottles and the other bits and pieces. Its a pretty basic kit as cost was about £50.00. Similar, but much more professional kits from the US cost between £300 to £500, but they are much more professionally made. It will take a few days before it kicks in, but at least the car is running. I have been averaging 20 MPG in London and perhaps a short run to the airport, so we will see what difference it will make. In theory its similar to adding LPG to diesel, except you only need small amounts of gas to work.
    Will report further.
    Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Originally posted by Philip View Post
    Just had the Hydrogen (Browns Gas) system fitted to my 3ltr 3rd gen. Took about 90 minutes. The system itself consists of 2 bottles and the other bits and pieces. Its a pretty basic kit as cost was about £50.00. Similar, but much more professional kits from the US cost between £300 to £500, but they are much more professionally made. It will take a few days before it kicks in, but at least the car is running. I have been averaging 20 MPG in London and perhaps a short run to the airport, so we will see what difference it will make. In theory its similar to adding LPG to diesel, except you only need small amounts of gas to work.
    Will report further.
    Philip
    Was this a DIY or professional install?

Definately keep us posted. MPG figures are usefull, but so is MP£ (miles per pound). How easy is finding somewhere to fill up with Hydrogen?
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

I think this is a system where you make the hydrogen from water, a bit of magic, and some sleight-of-hand
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        I think this is a system where you make the hydrogen from water, a bit of magic, and some sleight-of-hand
        Ah, one of those systems. Hmm.

Still be interesting to see the results.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Must admit, I'm intrigued to see the verdict on this one too.

Comment

watching closely as even small improvements in mpg will pay for the system quite quickly...
            Toot! Toot!

Comment

Just on a side note, looking at the original post again, the Brown's gas system is a completely different concept, is it not? If I recall correctly, that is methane, not hydrogen, based.

Comment

Ah OK, and methane does result in a more complete burn doesn't it?

I thought this was part of the 'run your car on water' thing.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Apache

Calling it a run your car on water system, is very bad marketing move as most people do not want water going in their engine. The system i have is a very home made looking job and as mentioned a good system can cost up to $1000 dollars which definately doesn't make it worthwhile for most people.
                  I need to run it for at least a week to start seeing results, but luckily living in London, my speed, since putting on the system only yesterday is same as before.
                  Also just having an MOT i know my emissions and will go back to have emission test done again, in about a week or so.
                  SO FAR SO GOOD !!
                  Philip
                  The gas produced is Hydroxy, a mixture of HYDROGEN AND OXYGEN.
                  Still Searching,
                  Dick Whittington

Comment

Also watching this with interest, any pic of the install or links to the supply'er
                    Philip?
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Again...watching with great interest mate.... good luck and keep us posted....

Back in the day Baby

Comment

god i hope it works,for all our sakes!

Comment

Will take some pictures tomorrow. If it works, i of course intend to have a system made in UK or Europe. I am sure many of you know i sell ignition leads and Fuel Cat etc. The one i have is as said, pretty home made looking. I would only make a system as long as i could sell them for no more than £80.00 for smaller engine and no more than £100-£120 for larger engines like ours, But my system would not have bits glued into a cap etc and would come with all the bits.
                          Philip
                          Still Searching,
                          Dick Whittington

Comment

run your car on water???

do you mean water injection??
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

The chemistry of this concerns me a wee bit, as does the "I need to run it for at least a week to start seeing results" comment and the $1000 to £120 price compression.

The chemistry looks flawed, I can have one of the Chemical Engineers at work look at it, but to me it looks wrong. To properly evaluate this system will take way more than a week and way more than one installation, and to commercially produce a $1k system for £120 would be a miracle!
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X