@TobyJug & Stormforce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @TobyJug & Stormforce

All ready for the engine removal tomorrow, got the surf primed and ready to go with all the engine removal gear i could find in the back, engine lift, socket set, wrecking bar, sledge hammer etc.

Working nights so wont finnish work till about 8 in the morning so could be an interesting afternoon, feel free to kick me if i fall asleep under the truck.
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Hi Roy and i appreciate you helping Toby out tomorrow to get the engine out.If possible can you leave as many of the cables and plugs on in place so i know where to put them.I have a good idea where they go as the plugs are mainly coloured so they will match up.
    I have got this engine out today with the help of Shaun so a big thanks to him for taking a day from his holiday to help me.
    I would definately say this engine is siezed as i can even crank it over with a socket and bar.I think i will have to take the wheels off to put the new engine in as we did have a bit of trouble getting this one out but just took our time and out it came.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I assume that what you are after is the block mainly then, ill try and remove the wiring harness as far back as possible, purely to give an indication of where the wires come from and what colour they are, does the engine come with all the ancillary stuff like starter, aircon etc
      Roy

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
        I assume that what you are after is the block mainly then, ill try and remove the wiring harness as far back as possible, purely to give an indication of where the wires come from and what colour they are, does the engine come with all the ancillary stuff like starter, aircon etc
        yea the only thing missing should be the turbo and headas i would like to keep the fuel pump in place if possibe to avoid having to time it up again after.I suppose it took us about 3-4 hours to remove the engine but we were taking our time and making sure we never damaged anything else,but you should be able to get it out quick as you won't need to be as careful as we were

Comment

Ok Richard, just spoke to Toby, we are all geared up ready for action.
          Roy

Comment

it will be fun haha
            but I am all set too... will be there early and prepare everything then when u get there all will be nice and easy Roy (we hope)
            so u can get back to sleep hahaha...
            One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
              when u get there all will be nice and easy Roy (we hope) so u can get back to sleep hahaha...
              Did i say i was going to be awake,
              Roy

Comment

I'm going to start stripping this engine down tomorrow to see what's exactly happened to it get the new head gasket and stretch bolts ordered so i'm hoping that the engine will be ready to go back in on friday or saturday

Comment

You will beat me then rich, ive got it out but not sure when i will get another chance to do any more work on her, i can wait. Good luck
                  www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

if all goes well then the engine will go in fri or saturday then its a case of getting it all connected back up again.

Comment

Working...
                    X