No announcement yet.

Could I have some advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third gen ( which is what he,s looking at ) don,t have Recaros as standard even with the SSR-G. I,m guessing they became an option with this model.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Update - Viewed

Well I went and had a look...
      General appearance on the outside was scruffy in places, e.g. a few dinks, scatches and rust spots as expected on a 10 year old car I suppose? (I don't know I've not bought a car in 12 years ) Worse than I was expecting for the money... am I being too fussy?

1 taillight was cracked with a piece missing above the slight dent in the bumper, the front cover on the Bull bar was very battered and cracked especially bottom corners, chrome peeling off. (Are these things easy to get?)

Inside was very tidy. Seatbelts marked where got caught in the seat and one rear window switch is loose from the door mount. No tax.

ARE YOU BORED YET?

On the plus side...
      Electrically everything appeared to work well (it's fun pressing buttons).

Mechanically (I'm no expert)... Very smooth running, good handling, easy and smooth gear changing (all ranges tried and worked), no lag, no knocking, bumping, grinding or rattling. No smoke or leaks, exhaust looked new, wheels and tyres good.
      Can't think of anything else

Based on what I saw and what you guys have said... Definately not £6K
      Offer made... I walked away and left them to think about it...
      see what happens, in the meantime the search goes on

I was shocked to hear they alledgedly paid £9K for it in Nov 07

Anyway now I have finished boring you to sleep
      A very BIG thanks for your help and advice I'll be back

Comment

tis a buyers market now fella.get yourself on ebay and a have a look there as well
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I Looked at the same Surf in Alsebury on Wednesday, I took £5500.00 but the body was scruffy, front nudge bar had holes for spots, but no spots, good drive, clean oil, not been used ?
          The guy said he was not letting it go for 5500 as he had others to look.
          Shame as I would have bought it.
          I just bought a SSR-G 1996 with 63000 miles, winter pack,no dents or scratches, cd player,BF goodrich tyres,very clean interior.
          Paid £3500

Shop around

Comment

Originally posted by GIRDLES View Post
            I Looked at the same Surf in Alsebury on Wednesday, I took £5500.00 but the body was scruffy, front nudge bar had holes for spots, but no spots, good drive, clean oil, not been used ?
            The guy said he was not letting it go for 5500 as he had others to look.
            Shame as I would have bought it.
            I just bought a SSR-G 1996 with 63000 miles, winter pack,no dents or scratches, cd player,BF goodrich tyres,very clean interior.
            Paid £3500

Shop around

That's good!! Nina (MudSurfette) paid about that for a '96/N SSR-G with 96,000, great overall condition, superb engine, good BFGs, TV, Snorkel, Bar with spots, roof bars, Recaros......fantastic truck!!!
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Now Shopping Around

Yep that's the one... Aylesbury

I offered him the same, he wasn't interested in anything less than £6K

So left him to it... I'm still shopping for one something like that one... not rushing too much

Comment

Working...
              X