Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I have some advice please?

Hello
    I am a new member to the forum and I am hoping to soon own my first surf.
    I would like to ask the advice of current owners and experts before I part with my cash.
    I have been looking at buying one for a couple of months and found one i like the look of...
    What questions should I be asking and what should I be looking for if / when i go to see it?

Your advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Karlos

The seller is asking for £6000 for this one... What do you think?

Toyota Hilux Surf
    Engine Size: 2,980 cc
    Mileage: 63500
    MOT Expiry: Oct 2008
    Reg. Date: 06 Nov 2007 Drive Side: Right-hand drive
    Reg. Mark: R Previous Owners: 1
    Exterior Options: Alloy Wheels, Rear Spoiler, Tow Bar
    Transmission: Automatic V5 Doc.: Present
    Fuel: Diesel
    In-Car Audio Options: AM/FM Stereo, CD Player
    Safety Features: 4-Wheel Drive, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Driver Airbag, Immobiliser, Passenger Airbag, Rear seat belts Interior/Comfort Options: Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks, Power Windows, Sunroof, Tilt Steering Wheel

TOYOTA HILUX SURF - SSRX LIMITED 3.O TURBO DIESEL BEAUTIFUL CONDITION THROUGHOUT - NEVER BEEN OFF ROAD!---CARBON FIBRE EFFECT DASHBOARD -------ALLOY WHEELS ----OPTIONAL 2 WHEEL DRIVE / 4 X 4 WITH DIFFLOCK------BRAND NEW TOW BAR / FULL SERVICE & NEW CAM BELT FITTED 6 MONTHS AGO - PAPERWORK AVAILABLE----AIR CONDITIONING & CLIMATE CONTROL ---REAR MIRROR FOR REVERSING --SPOILER & ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW - SEE PICTURE! SPEEDOMETER CONVERTED TO MILES AT 93222 KM = 57798 MILES -PAPERWORK AVAILABLE ( NOW AT 63500 MILES )---ELECTRIC MIRRORS --- SSRX LIMITED --A GREAT VEHICLE IN TOP CONDITION --NEW JOB FORCES A VERY RELUCTANT SALE - PICK UP ONLY !!
    Attached Files

Hmmmm. Looks good. I would say cambelt and service but they've been done.

All I can suggest is that you look over it very carefully as everything obvious seems to be in place. Spend at least an hour looking it over in a very methodical way and try not to get excited. Look for any signs of oil or coolant leaks in the engine bay.

Start it up and listen very carefully to it. Make sure no white smoke comes out of the exhaust and that any smoke that does doesn't smell sweet. Make sure everything works - even down to the stereo and all the windows (including the rear one). Take it for a good long test drive, test the 4wd, do some tight turns, see how it feels. Get it up to speed and see if it wobbles at all. Brake and see if it pulls to one side. Inspect the tyres for cracking or uneven wear and check the body work for any signs of a bump or corrosion. Keep driving it until it comes up to temperature and stays there.

The same as any other car really.

Comment

Hello & welcome.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm

This sould help.
      Live the dream.......

Comment

That is a top dollar price, I would say 500 too much TBH.

Comment

Thanks Guys that helps a lot, i'm going to have a look at it later this week i'll let you know how I get on.
          ... and I will be taking someone with me to stop me getting to excited

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by karlosfddk View Post
            Thanks Guys that helps a lot, i'm going to have a look at it later this week i'll let you know how I get on.
            ... and I will be taking someone with me to stop me getting to excited

Cheers
            Thats identical to mine which is nearly for sale for £5200. I haven't brought myself to advertise it yet. actually I don't really want to sell it but I want to get a V8 landcruiser and cant afford both.

pm me if you would like to go for a test drive in an identical motor to compare.

BTW £6000 is top end for the surf so make sure you check over it with a fine toothcome and definitely have a good long test drive.
            If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

I wish that had been around when I was looking

Don't get me wrong mine is lovely, but its not intercooled

Edit: do you have a bigger piccy of the engine bay???
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

Bigger Picture

I hoped this worked, saved the picture in a different format... have a look
                Attached Files

Comment

Ah one difference! mine is not intercooled,

Comment

nice bus m8

looks good to me just let the seller know that you are a member of this site and that we all say that the price is £500 to hight and if he drops it and the head is good have his arm off if he wont just walk away there is lot more for that kind of cash its byers market and use this as the lever to get the £500 off to make it the bye of a life time just be state with the seller and if he doze not like what you tell him give him your number and tell him to give you a call when he has not sold the surf and give him the cash when the price is right

only a mug will give him the money that he wants for it sit on your hands and you will have a surf at the price that you want to pay good luck
                    S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Dealers are usually very flexible... I knocked £900 off mine
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Thanks very much for all the advice, i'm going to have a look at it on Thursday.... I'll keep you posted

Comment

Some shiny pics

Last edited by mckirdy-services; 22 April 2008, 18:57.

Comment

More Info Please...

On top of the mass of useful advice and information you have given me can anyone please tell me the difference between the SSRG, SSRX and SSRX Ltd models?
                            I have seen reading threads on the Forum that the SSRG is the top model, are they obviously different... Mechanically or just extra toys etc?
                            Spot the absolute Newbie with all the questions

Well I start viewing tonight... see how it goes

Thanks for your help Great Forum

Comment

With all these trucks the Japs added all their own extras so you can't go by the ssrx ssrxltd etc but the main way off know the ssrg is that it has the recaro seats fitted and everything else is basically the same nearly in all the trucks

Originally posted by karlosfddk View Post
                              On top of the mass of useful advice and information you have given me can anyone please tell me the difference between the SSRG, SSRX and SSRX Ltd models?
                              I have seen reading threads on the Forum that the SSRG is the top model, are they obviously different... Mechanically or just extra toys etc?
                              Spot the absolute Newbie with all the questions

Well I start viewing tonight... see how it goes

Thanks for your help Great Forum
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X