Roof console thingy in 3rd gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof console thingy in 3rd gen

Hello - any hairdressers out there who might be able to help me? MudSurfette has just collected her 3rd Gen this weekend, cheers Surfstar (Chris & Jo)

Now, there are two niggly things, the door open light is on all the time, so I'll check and clean the sensors so that should fix that, but the console in the roof, that has the compass etc doesn't appear to work - can anyone tell me what it may be, or the best things to check when I take the cover off ????

TIA.

BTW - for all us 2nd gen owners - Nina's truck is fantastic!!!!!!! It's got Recaros and everything.....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

is the light turned on andy ???mean't on the compass
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
      Hello,BTW - for all us 2nd gen owners - Nina's truck is fantastic!!!!!!! It's got Recaros and everything.....
      So does that mean Nina is bringing the turd gen in September then Andy...
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        So does that mean Nina is bringing the turd gen in September then Andy...
        what about wales as well ,

Comment

No - we'll be using the 2nd gen for the offroad stuff, despite the 3rd gen having ATs and a snorkel......

I've tried the light Dave, not sure if it should just go straight on, or I need to hold the button in for a while???

Comment

No - we'll be using the 2nd gen for the offroad stuff, despite the 3rd gen having ATs and a snorkel......
            And 4WD that works!!!
            It's a 3rd Gen thing...

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfette View Post
              And 4WD that works!!!
              I believe that's called a gut shot

Comment

Hi guys, im glad you like it! Jo was sad to see it go and it will be weird not driving it at the weekend. The Compass/temp gauge battery blew when the previous owner was tinkering with it. He told me its a bit fiddly to change it so never bothered, then i came along and never bothered either!
                Not sure why the interior light is on, have you tried switching the rear light off?

If Nina shows up at a meet you guys are gonna need to do some work to keep up with her, Your rust bucket 2nd gens will fall apart through quivering!
                Last edited by surfstar; 21 April 2008, 12:10.
                Kite Surf

Comment

I've tried the light Dave, not sure if it should just go straight on, or I need to hold the button in for a while???
                  just had a look andy inition must be on and switch works straight away,
                  get a torch and shine on compass with ignition off =should see nothing
                  turn ignition on then shine torch on compass = you should see compass,
                  if thats so may just be a bulb
                  if not ????????

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfette View Post
                    And 4WD that works!!!
                    +difflock ???

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar View Post
                      Hi guys, im glad you like it! Jo was sad to see it go and it will be weird not driving it at the weekend. The Compass/temp gauge battery blew when the previous owner was tinkering with it. He told me its a bit fiddly to change it so never bothered, then i came along and never bothered either!
                      Not sure why the interior light is on, have you tried switching the rear light off?

If Nina shows up at a meet you guys are gonna need to do some work to keep up with her, Your rust bucket 2nd gens will fall apart through quivering!

Rust buckets???? How very dare you!!!!

I'll have a look at it tonight, can't be that hard - maybe just a fuse somewhere or something..... rear light off? No, the light on is the one showing a door is open, not an interior light...

Comment

Rust buckets???? How very dare you!!!!

I'll have a look at it tonight, can't be that hard - maybe just a fuse somewhere or something..... rear light off? No, the light on is the one showing a door is open, not an interior light...

try slamming the rear door andy
                        disclaimer , if he breaks its not my fault]

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                          try slamming the rear door andy
                          disclaimer , if he breaks its not my fault]
                          Seriously, (and dispite 'Joker' and 'correct' being in the same line) this is correct. The back door switch is often needs adjustment on 3rd Gens, and sometimes the door dosn't close properly.
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                            Seriously, (and dispite 'Joker' and 'correct' being in the same line) this is correct. The back door switch is often needs adjustment on 3rd Gens, and sometimes the door dosn't close properly.

I never thought I'd see the day.....not only does Dave get it right, but Tony agrees.......I need to lay down.....

Comment

As for the door open light, check that the spare wheel is shut and latched shut properly, as if it isn't it triggers the door open light, but not the interior lights.

Whats this about the battery in the compass?
                              More Lift.
                              More Tyres.
                              More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X