Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof liner lcd

anyone fitted a roof liner lcd?
    just wondered if anyone has, did they have to mod anythin behind the headliner or did the screen just go straight up to it.

well i have never done it
    but i have looked into it
    it looks a pain to do
    but when i went to look at some set ups at halfords
    they told me that if iam buying something like that
    they will fit it for free
    witch i think is not too bad
    may be worth looking at
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

ive got the screen off ebay, no destructions come with it lol, luckily theres a wiring diagram on the unit itself so thats not a prob, just wondered if anyone here had fitted one and had any trouble with the head liner, im gonna see if i can fit it over the weekend if i get time.

Comment

If you don't have a sunroof it shouldn't be too bad a job, obviously the sunroof only restricts where you can put the unit, it's fixings and where you can run cables but, all in all it shouldn't be too bad though.

Could be time consuming if you're gonna drop the headlining and cut it round the screen, but i'd only part drop the lining then put any fixings through it along with a hole for the wires, it is worth taping over the holes with cloth tape or carpet tape or something.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

not got a sunroof, but i am putting a seperate dvd player in from me stereo and two head phone jacks at the back the centre console, so kids can watch films with headphone's and i can have stereo on, will post some pics when its done, if i dont mess the head liner up lol

Comment

fitted me lcd screen and dvd player, had a visit too from tobyjug while i was putting the lcd screen in, nice to meet yer mate wasnt as bad as i thought only needed to cut out a tiny bit of the head liner as the interior light has a load of threaded holes to bolt the bracket too, and toby pointed out id be better drilling holes in the lcd bracket to match the interior light ones wich made life so much easier,

making sure everything was workining as got both items of ebay for a grand total of £60 delivered lol

then both when id finshed

Comment

nice to meet ya too mate...
              and it is looking good....
              Looks better than in the pic's tho
              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

I love Ice Age

looks good mate.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

any links from where u got it??

Comment

theye were both auctionitems on fleebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=008

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=004

Comment

cheers mate,u got a bargain there

Comment

Real good bargain..looks the part as well

Comment

Working...