2" Body Lift, bolts, dimensions, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
    Might be a stupid question but why would lifting the body affect the bonnet!! surley the rad and bonnet are lifted the same ammount? as the rad is fixed to the body!

My 2.4 needed the rad dropping to remove all the air out the system!!
    Originally posted by stormforce View Post
    that is a very good question.if the bonnet closed alright before hand then it will close or should close alright after the lift.Unless you fit an aftermarket rad at the time of doing the lift then just check the gap before dropping the bonnet

My 3.0 has no rad brackets and no clearance issues.
    I thought the 2.4 used drop brackets because the system required the rad to remain below the thermostat level. The 3.0 does not require this so removing the bottom half shroud lets you lift the rad with the body.

That's how mine is done for what it's worth.
    Brian

Comment

Ah so prob dropped the 3L rad to re fit the shroud at the bottom.

Yeah I droped my rad in the 2.4 because it was almost impossible to get all the air locks out the system.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
        I thought the 2.4 used drop brackets because the system required the rad to remain below the thermostat level. The 3.0 does not require this so removing the bottom half shroud lets you lift the rad with the body.
        This makes more sence to me, why would the body lift kits come with rad drop brackets if there was no clearance issues, the only practical reason would be circulation/air locks, this i assume would keep the rad at its noraml height instead of 2" higher and above its fill point.

Any one know what size of tube i need to extend the gear lever (manual) can't be arsed to strip it down and measure.
        Roy
        When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

at a guess 2"? as this is the amount of lift??

Comment

i haven't extended my 4wd lever or the steering column apart from undoing the 3 joints and letting the column adjust its self.All you need to do then is to file a bit of the bulkhead to stop the steering column rubbing
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
              at a guess 2"? as this is the amount of lift??
              Thanks, that was the sort of answer my wife would have given me but i was thinking more of diameter of the tube, to slip over the stick so it can be welded, so will need to be around 3" long, but i need a diameter so i can make one up ready.
              Roy

Comment

I said:-

Any one know what size of tube i need to extend the gear lever (manual) can't be arsed to strip it down and measure.

and you said:-

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                i haven't extended my 4wd lever or the steering column apart from undoing the 3 joints and letting the column adjust its self.All you need to do then is to file a bit of the bulkhead to stop the steering column rubbing
                Did i not say Gear lever

Sorry, going of on one there, im after the external diameter of the lower part of the gear lever so i can make a sleave to join the two pieces together once i cut my stick in half Please don't shout at me.
                Roy

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
                  I said:-

I did get that after the post but i was going for IOTW!!!

Comment

Just incase anyone was interested the diameter of the manual gear lever at its lower point is 15.8mm and the 4wd gear lever is 13.2mm.

The bumper lowering bracket needs to have hole centres of 70mm between the bolts and then two further holes below dependant on the lift required.

If i get chance ill do some autocad drawings and post the pics once all the bits are made, this will give good detail and all dimentions of the bits made.
                    Roy

Comment

Working...
                    X