Recovery points front and rear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery points front and rear?

Been greenlaning for the first time and have got the bug big time!!
    Kindly got taken over the lanes around Gomshall in Surrey by someone I met on another forum and can't believe what my humble, unmodded Surf can do. Also great to get muddy on the outside and over most of the engine!

So now certainly want to get out some more and try some offroading centres but feel that I need to get all my kit together first.

I don't have a towbar and all else is standard.

Can anyone advise on obtaining and fitting front and back recovery points and which type to use so I can get dragged out when the inevitable happens. I understand that the standard hook on the front is OK ish but the rear holes are not made for this purpose and are badly placed?

Any other essentials?

the recovery points on the truck are quite capable of standing being pulled out when stuck
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      the recovery points on the truck are quite capable of standing being pulled out when stuck
      The problem with the rears though is that without a body lift the line of the strap is through the bumper. There is nowt available off the shelf to use either unless you want a towbar, but then they act as a plough.
      Here is my rear recovery point that I made, it all sits up behind the bumper out of the way with just the attachment points below the bumper line. You can just see a head of a bolt that passes through the stock tie down points.

I have done a similar thing on the front, but one option is to fit another standard hook on the other side so you have 2, or Black Rat do rated hooks that I think will bolt straight on.
      Dont forget to only use tested shackles and a decent 2t+ tow strap. I use bridles too to spread the load.
      Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Nice job mate.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
        X