• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top mount intercooler for a 3rd Gen

Hey Apache - Blizzard just beat you to the punch mate

http://www.yotatech.com/f152/my-94-4...15/index4.html

the entire thread is a pretty cool build up too
    Another member of the 'A' team

Will have a read when i get home. A few of us discussed the problems with doing it on a 3.0 at Woodzies last weekend. The 2.4 is p155 easy in comparison. I'll get round to it one of these days...
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

He has done or is in teh middle of doing exactly what I plan to do with teh headlights...

Nice work.. I want some form on intercooler too...
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
        He has done or is in teh middle of doing exactly what I plan to do with teh headlights...

Nice work.. I want some form on intercooler too...
        It's spelt, THE.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Will have a read when i get home. A few of us discussed the problems with doing it on a 3.0 at Woodzies last weekend. The 2.4 is p155 easy in comparison. I'll get round to it one of these days...
          Shamelessly copy what Blizzard has done - he's worked out all the hard stuff!

Comment

No problem with that. No point in re-inventing the wheel.

Comment

Hello again!
              I have seen this thread, and I recognized from who´s the car from.
              Blizzard is one of the Webmaster of our 4Runner page in Spain http://www.4runnerforo.com
              I know him in person, but not his car yet. Now he is making real his dream, and may be in this month the monster walking legal again...

Comment

Erm, not quite a 3rd gen as we've come to know it Just working on a intercooler set up for my one, I've got a second hand aluminum pipe to modify so I can just switch it over when its all ready to go.

Question.... Is there any sensors in the inlet manifold that will think its winter and squirt more fuel in with a intercooler retro fitted?

Mark..........
                Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Originally posted by MrE View Post
                  Erm, not quite a 3rd gen as we've come to know it
                  LMAO - I should get nominated for that one - I MEANT to say 3.0ltr, not 3rd Gen.

Comment

intercooler

looked under the lid on a PRADO, would the cooler + pipework off one fit a 3ltr surf ? after cutting a hole in the bonnet . cheers jim

Comment

I have thought that too... then wondered if the UK Landcruiser has that intercooler set up too??
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

From what I've seen, its not the physical size of an intercooler that's the issue with the 3.0.

The cast pipe that goes from the turbo to the throttle needs to be removed. This casting has the throttle and idle up cable attached to it, and a few other things, so you need to re-site them. You also need to fab an adaptor plate to fit the throttle.

I suppose (though I haven't seen the layout of a 3rd gen intercooled engine) the 3rd gen install would drop straight on.

Comment

Working...
                        X