Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

I changed the seats in my Surf some time ago and we had to weld up some mounts for them. Unfortunately one of the mounts broke recently and the MOT is due, so I thought I would swap the custom seats back out for the originals at the weekend.

All went fine on the drivers side but the passenger side is buggared. The two screw holes at the front are mashed up, as are the bolts that screw into them, so there is now no way to secure the front of the passenger seat down.

Do you think I will be able to drill some new holes with new thread using a decent tap and die set? You can't see all the way through the chassis on the front mounts, so there is no way I can put an extra long bolt through and a nut on the other side.

My Surf's not going anywhere until I've sorted this so any help is appreciated peeps! Thanks in advance.

mooter
    I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

mine passenger side messed up n crossed threaded when they tried to put the seats back in after the body lift was done.
    what they did was retapped the hole dont know if that any good for you or if that helps

Comment

Just leave it out, MoT doesn't require a passenger seat.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Just leave it out, MoT doesn't require a passenger seat.
        yep just leave it out it has nothing to do with the road safety of the car lol
        Albannach is right..

hehe just leave it
        One day at the time I guess..

Comment

cheers guys.

I spoke with Dr Tony recently and he said he will have a look at it soon for me if I need him to.

However since then my old-man has offered his services on Friday this week so we'll have a crack at re-tapping the thread. It's also booked in for an MOT on friday afternoon locally, it would seem that my MOT ran out about a month ago..... oppsie!

If all else fails then I'll just take the seat out as suggested!
          I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X