Another question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question

Ok i got the option to buy a 1990 isuzu trooper 2.8 td and thinking about using it for green laning etc.
    Now i already have a trooper 2.8 same year model etc and was gonna strip the bits i may need off that as the engine is fine alloy wheels as well (the 1 i can buy already has alloys on there too)
    Question is how good are they for running around in wet slippery fields etc

We took a petrol trooper up to norfolk with sumo and co, it wasn't to bad but we did have to pull it out a couple of times (standard road tyres though). My surf never got stuck
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Ahh thats the lwb version both of mine would be the swb

Comment

And it did come out the other side
          www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution View Post
            Ok i got the option to buy a 1990 isuzu trooper 2.8 td and thinking about using it for green laning etc.
            Now i already have a trooper 2.8 same year model etc and was gonna strip the bits i may need off that as the engine is fine alloy wheels as well (the 1 i can buy already has alloys on there too)
            Question is how good are they for running around in wet slippery fields etc
            used to have one running on crap tyres but used to take us across fields and a lot more when out hunting
            really rate the engines bodyworks a bit naff [rust]
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

In conditions like that, tyres are verything, the troopers have a good rep generally, notwithstanding bodywork, the engines are reliable, and I reckon they'll go anywhere a surf will.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Going to check under the isuzu this week and if ok may as well get it if it looks half descent

Comment

Working...
                X