Starter Motor Finally Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Motor Finally Fixed!

Finally got round to replacing the contacts etc in my starter motor. After removing the starter and opening it up I found this!

Looks like someone had stripped it down before and packed the contacts with pieces of cut out plastic to try and get a little more life out of the old contacts.

Evidently they either hadn't heard of Roughtrax or they were too tight to fork out £45 for new ones. You would think if they had gone to the bother of stripping it down they would have bought new contacts. Or it may just be a case of a garage ripping a previous owner off?
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Nice !

I've got to do mine, but Still can't see the bolts, will probably get the garage to do it, as I don't really get much time, and If I break sommat, then I've got no motor to get to work in.

I've got the new contacts from Roughtrax, just got to get 'em fitted.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

gonna have to get up the motivation to do mine soon, has been sticking more recently... think I'll get it MOT'd 1st
      Toot! Toot!

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
        gonna have to get up the motivation to do mine soon, has been sticking more recently... think I'll get it MOT'd 1st
        Aye, I've just had the MOT, and then new exhaust ( for failed MOT) then retest (Free), got s/h fuel pump on the way, got new lift kit and +3" springs, so it's all coming together.........slowly.

All I got to do is get it all fitted and working.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
        X