Listers Toyota, Stratford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listers Toyota, Stratford

I had my steering recall work done today, 2 weeks after I called Toyota - not bad....

When I arrived at Listers in Stratford, the guy who was outside greeted me by name, then showed me through to reception, introduced me to the service manager, made me a coffee...very nice.

Then - they gave me a Yaris......you know the advert they have for these on TV, where the guy is all upset that his mate has his feet on the dash - he's not upset that his mate has his feet on the dash and it's getting dirty - he's worried that the whole front of the car will fall apart - what a cheap, nasty pile of poo.....

Anyway - they also checked the whole truck, replaced three bulbs (both spotlight bulbs - they replaced one, checked, blew the other then replaced that....and one of the number plate ones...) greased all the UJs, bump stops etc. cleaned the inside, and the outside - so the hours of hard work I had put in over the weekend getting it all muddy have been wasted.....gutted...

But - thanks to Listers of Stratford - great people, great job!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

The cheek of it
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Is the steering recall for the 2nd gen's only or they include the 3rd gens too

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution View Post
        2ND GENS
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
          I had my steering recall work done today, 2 weeks after I called Toyota - not bad....

When I arrived at Listers in Stratford, the guy who was outside greeted me by name, then showed me through to reception, introduced me to the service manager, made me a coffee...very nice.

Then - they gave me a Yaris......you know the advert they have for these on TV, where the guy is all upset that his mate has his feet on the dash - he's not upset that his mate has his feet on the dash and it's getting dirty - he's worried that the whole front of the car will fall apart - what a cheap, nasty pile of poo.....

Anyway - they also checked the whole truck, replaced three bulbs (both spotlight bulbs - they replaced one, checked, blew the other then replaced that....and one of the number plate ones...) greased all the UJs, bump stops etc. cleaned the inside, and the outside - so the hours of hard work I had put in over the weekend getting it all muddy have been wasted.....gutted...

But - thanks to Listers of Stratford - great people, great job!
          is this for all 2nd jen and if so who would i contact about this re call thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Garygadget View Post
            is this for all 2nd jen and if so who would i contact about this re call thanks in advance
            It's for some 2nd gen. Do a search on the site for "steering recall" (not re call) to get Toyota GB's contact details. Give them your chassis number and they'll take it from there...
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by marky View Post
              2ND GENS
              Ahh 3rd gens on top yet again

Comment

Ahh 3rd gens on top yet again

so many jokes, so little time.....
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

mudsurfer would you have toyota,s phone number about the recall if you dont mind

Comment

3rd GENS have a STEERING RACK
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                      so many jokes, so little time.....

Comment

You could always wash your truck yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          You could always wash your truck yourself!
                          Nah that would be sacrilege 4x4 are supposed to be dirty

Comment

What you need to do now is go back and say the 4WD doesn't work since they had it in...

Go on, you have an easy fix!
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by marky View Post
                              3rd GENS have a STEERING RACK
                              ...which tends to loosen leading to vague steering feel, much like if you soaked your steering wheel in Tresemme Conditioner.

Only messing Mark. 3rd gen is my next truck - and hang the heated rollers!
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X