Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate snow!

Hi all

Just to be controversial, I hate snow. I have just spent the last few weeks trying to revive cold, shivering lambs and picking them out of slushy puddles. The last few days we have had real snow and it spells disaster for lambing time. The fields are a sea of mud with hardly any grass for the sheep to eat. The worst lambing time for 15 years. Poor lambs have enough hazards to cope with without snow, thank you. I'll stop moaning now and get back to work

Jacqueline

Originally posted by jax View Post
    Hi all

Just to be controversial, I hate snow. I have just spent the last few weeks trying to revive cold, shivering lambs and picking them out of slushy puddles. The last few days we have had real snow and it spells disaster for lambing time. The fields are a sea of mud with hardly any grass for the sheep to eat. The worst lambing time for 15 years. Poor lambs have enough hazards to cope with without snow, thank you. I'll stop moaning now and get back to work

Jacqueline

hey well good luck.
    I know where u are coming from tho my uncle has a farm in Holland with sheep and he build a massive barn on his field now after the rain last year as he was runnig around like u preventing lambs from drowning in puddles....
    So now they can get inside too when they want....

Good luck with the animals there hope the weather gets better for u soon and the grass will get through
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

do forget that it ain't fun for everyone that funny white stuff... good luck though
      Toot! Toot!

Comment

Originally posted by jax View Post
        Hi all

Jacqueline
        In way I think we've been lucky recently with winter weather- it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be (or easily could be again). I'm sure the older ones among us will remember the harsh winters of the (not too distant) past!

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99 View Post
          In way I think we've been lucky recently with winter weather- it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be (or easily could be again). I'm sure the older ones among us will remember the harsh winters of the (not too distant) past!
          yes i remember the realy bad winters we had back in the 1960s snow hanging round for over 6 weeks

Comment

Working...
          X