No announcement yet.

1st post! Duh question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda agree, my AT's take me everywhere in my stock surf.

Just think how good it will be when I lift her and stick me big 33's on
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

My next tyres will be BFG AT or Cooper ST. I'll keep the Mudzillas for when I know where I'm going will need them, otherwise I'll leave the ATs on.

Sure, big muds look awesome, but when I'm driving, I cant see the outside
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

winch is for!

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Isn't a winch a bit more than you'll need for fishing? Wont a decent multiplier do?

Planning on getting stuck a lot then are you? Mebbe just learn to spot peat bogs and save yourself some sh1tloads of money and weight?

Nah the winch is for winding in the fat birds in Birmingham on a Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Mackenzie View Post
          Nah the winch is for winding in the fat birds in Birmingham on a Friday night.
          Think you need to be thinking hydraulic for THOSE birds...

Comment

Think you need to be thinking hydraulic for THOSE birds...

http://www.mountaineering-scotland.o...re/assynt.html

The pictures on the above page are basically in my parents back yard and this is one of the reasons I will be spec'ing the vehicle up I'm going to take it up some of those hills! As for a hydraulic winch for the fat birds, not a bad idea wheres the power take off Guess it will be a case of putting away the land anchor and putting a big hook on the end with maybe a pork pie as bait?

Comment

You'll find if you ground-bait with maccy D's wrappers and empty KFC family buckets, plenty of fat munters will be shoaling in the area shortly afterwards. Anything resembling food, such as half eaten kebabs, out of date melton-mowbrays, old pink chewing gum, or even tinfoil on multiple number 10 hooks will be hit.

To increase your chances, try ground-baiting near known hot-spots such as Wetherspoons at around midnight. They tend to feed-frenzy around this time, and your haul will probably be greater.

Comment

You'll find if you ground-bait with maccy D's wrappers and empty KFC family buckets, plenty of fat munters will be shoaling in the area shortly afterwards. Anything resembling food, such as half eaten kebabs, out of date melton-mowbrays, old pink chewing gum, or even tinfoil on multiple number 10 hooks will be hit.

To increase your chances, try ground-baiting near known hot-spots such as Wetherspoons at around midnight. They tend to feed-frenzy around this time, and your haul will probably be greater.
                I bow to your obviously greater experience in the field

Comment

I bow to your obviously greater experience in the field
                  On reflection! Your not a sqauddie are you?

Comment

On reflection! Your not a sqauddie are you?

Close....

... but you're waaaaay off!

Comment

http://www.mountaineering-scotland.o...re/assynt.html

The pictures on the above page are basically in my parents back yard and this is one of the reasons I will be spec'ing the vehicle up I'm going to take it up some of those hills! As for a hydraulic winch for the fat birds, not a bad idea wheres the power take off Guess it will be a case of putting away the land anchor and putting a big hook on the end with maybe a pork pie as bait?
                      I f you have access to any 'interesting' routes then the scottish mud lads would be happy to come along for a wee jaunt, with full recovery gear of course
                      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        I f you have access to any 'interesting' routes then the scottish mud lads would be happy to come along for a wee jaunt, with full recovery gear of course
                        I shall ask the old boy to have a word with the Assynt crofters assn and see what they say.

Comment

Working...
                        X