Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billet grille fitted .... at last!!

damn it! its on!

Finally got round to bribing my cousin to help fit the new grille.... i was expecting a put it up to it an bolt it on.... hell no!!

4 hours later an loads of lil brackets....

tried my new spotlights on my bumper too!! they are too big, dont look right an dont fit in the hoop of the TJM! daaamn am i pished!

told u it was an arse!!
    pics????

Comment

Ive got one with the winch bumper back on but its a cr*p pic so i'll sort out a decent one an post more later!

Im glad i got it on!! Wouldve been less of a headache to just sell it to you mate!

Comment

lol certainly wud have!! although tbh id be worried bout overheating seeing that

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          lol certainly wud have!! although tbh id be worried bout overheating seeing that
          should be ok!! I aint done a big drive with it fitted yet but hey.... if it blows its the perfect reason to V8 it!

Comment

You should have fitted some venician blinds then you could have opened em if it got hot
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Personally - I can't stand those, I think they look awful! And for a 2.4 - you need all the air flow you can get, given you have massive wheels and extra stress on the engine.....hmmmmmm - looks shiney, but I prefer the mesh type grille....
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I prefer the rat-rod look. ie - if you need more cooling, you take the grill out and throw it away, and leave the hole open. There's a certain 'hard' look to that approach.

Looks like a designer towel rail mate. Nice
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  I prefer the rat-rod look. ie - if you need more cooling, you take the grill out and throw it away, and leave the hole open. There's a certain 'hard' look to that approach.

Looks like a designer towel rail mate. Nice

loltake it you dont like it andy [not my cup of tea rod ]
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Not my cup of tea, thats all.

Like I say, simplicity is good for me, and there's nowt simpler than a hole
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Not my cup of tea, thats all.

Like I say, simplicity is good for me, and there's nowt simpler than a hole
                      I wish.....
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

god yea i hate it.......id never have anything like that on my surf..............

Comment

I love billet grilles!! If i had known how much of a nightmare it was going to be to make some up bizzare twisty brackets then im not sure i wouldve gone ahead with it! But im glad its done now

as for cooling, i'll keep an eye on it but im not over concerned! (gunna hate having to post up "head gasket trouble" in a few weeks!!)

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

I love billet grilles!! If i had known how much of a nightmare it was going to be to make some up bizzare twisty brackets then im not sure i wouldve gone ahead with it! But im glad its done now

as for cooling, i'll keep an eye on it but im not over concerned! (gunna hate having to post up "head gasket trouble" in a few weeks!!)
                            mine came with brackets welded to it!! so ha lol,i only had to tape bolts to end of my fingers to fit!lmao

Comment

Working...
                            X