• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ apache

Hey mate
    hope ur cough is getting better..
    mine aint

question I am gonna design a nice forum sticker for my truck.
    and u hav to make the sticker hehe

what format wud u like delivered to work with?
    .ai ? outlined
    or eps or pdf anyway let me know. I work with CS2 so can get any format in any way u like it.

thanks mate
    One day at the time I guess..

I use Signblazer Pro to interface with the cutter, so either anything that supports, or something small enough to email as the vectorise in SB is very good.

Do you do cut vinyl in your work? Why not do em yourself? I wont take offence mate
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      I use Signblazer Pro to interface with the cutter, so either anything that supports, or something small enough to email as the vectorise in SB is very good.

Do you do cut vinyl in your work? Why not do em yourself? I wont take offence mate

hey mate rite,
      It does take Illustrator files then does it not?

Well I hav a little graphic design, print and IT company.
      I do stickers but I get someone else to cut them.
      But if urs are simulair quality then I rather give my work and money to a surfer..
      So might get a bit more work from me mate when the stickering picks back up.

Comment

Haha! No pressure then!!

You dont do any printing then? I was looking at printing vinyl as well as cutting, but the initial outlay looks ###### expensive for decent quality kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Haha! No pressure then!!

You dont do any printing then? I was looking at printing vinyl as well as cutting, but the initial outlay looks ###### expensive for decent quality kit.
          yeah I do printing a lot.
          printing on vinyl is not cheap i know.
          I got a fella to print on sticker but costs me about £35 per square meter.

The printer u wud need for it is sooooooo expensive just stupid.
          U cud maybe get a half decent one from poland cheap u know.
          we'll just organise a run that way haha and pick one up lol

Comment

All the reasonable priced cutters come from far-east / eastern europe. Big name cutters are just stupid price for what is effectively just a single pen plotter.

Mine is far-eastern made, but the engineering is absolutely spot on! Fantastic value for money kit!

The reason I bought a cutter is cos I was doing forum stickers for the guys on here. I used to take the designs to a local signmaker but he started f*cking me around, getting stuff wrong and taking ages. With my own cutter, I can turn stuff round pretty quickly, and dont have to insist on MOQ of a square metre like he did, though paying for the kit, raw materials, software and setting a PC up in the shed etc was a fair investment in time and money.

Comment

yeah I know what u mean..
              I am to busy in the IT to get my own printers and cutters, might get a digital printer but that is it.

the eastern european stuff is deffo good tho.
              I printed via a company over there and the kwallo was always really good.

Well from now on when i get a request for stickers I will get a quote of u..
              Last edited by TobyJug; 5 April 2008, 13:30.

Comment

Working...
              X