Lots of smoke but no firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of smoke but no firing

Right ive put a new head on the truck and trying to start it but it jus fires up once with lots of black smoke but will refuse to run, with easy start it runs a slight bit longer. Ive checked the timing, cracked all the injectors and fuel is present. I was thinking it may be the solenoid?
    Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

tried the obvious?immobiliser?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      tried the obvious?immobiliser?
      immobiliser ses its cumin off, red light stops flashing indicators flash and it beeps.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungOffroader View Post
        immobiliser ses its cumin off, red light stops flashing indicators flash and it beeps.
        id go with first guess then mate

Comment

Have you reset the ecu ?

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution View Post
            Have you reset the ecu ?
            how do i reset the ecu and what will this do?

Comment

I seem to recall someone doing this before and reading about it on here, as for how to do it will do a search now and see if i can find it, with my mr2 i take the battery leads off for about 10mins and put em back on not sure if same with surf

Comment

I seem to recall someone doing this before and reading about it on here, as for how to do it will do a search now and see if i can find it, with my mr2 i take the battery leads off for about 10mins and put em back on not sure if same with surf
                My battery leads have been off for about two weeks now, they were reconected today but it wouldnt start, it tries to run puffing clouds and clouds of black out, enough to recolour my mums car parked 4 foot behind the truck but it jus wouldnt run

Comment

Not sure then mate but tonyn or bushwhacker may have a answer for you when they sign in good luck

Comment

Not sure then mate but tonyn or bushwhacker may have a answer for you when they sign in good luck
                    cheerz, i jus fitted a gearbox from tony today and a torque converter and that all went on fine in the end.
                    Last edited by YoungOffroader; 4 April 2008, 23:32.

Comment

any luck yet?

Comment

have you refitted the glow plug wiring back properly.have a look at the 80 amp fuse to see if its blown.if its blown check to make sure you have the plastic isolators on the righ way round.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                          have you refitted the glow plug wiring back properly.have a look at the 80 amp fuse to see if its blown.if its blown check to make sure you have the plastic isolators on the righ way round.
                          tested the glow plugs and they all glow fine all stages of glow at correct currents fuses all fine.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                            any luck yet?
                            nah no luck yet but ive got a friend coming round tommorow after work who has been tinkering with engines since he was in nappies n he seems confident he will have her purring agen

Comment

Right ive had a few people look at it now and we are all very certain it is fuel related, How easy are injectors to change?

Comment

Working...
                              X