steering heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering heavy

skull got steering probs in the week there was a bad clatter noise on left lock no its on both wheels n heavy steering.
    think pump as broke as there is oil in the power steering filler but hopefully will get it fixed tomorrow if not i might have to call surf train tour n tech weekend off n trying to steer the surf is like trying to drive a old fordson major.

Check the belt is good an the pump is on tight mate.

My truck had a pi$$ poor belt on! (the AC one is still abit.....)

anyway, then the pump slipped a bit on the new belt so didnt sit tight so at times the steering became rock solid!

Just change the belt an hope for the best!

Comment

checked belts they fine rod no movement so not loose, got wifey to turn steering wheel n belt sort of locks etc so it seems like its the pump thats gone

Comment

Id change the belt anyway mate, they aint expensive an its peace of mind. the one on mine felt tightish... but was just worn to the point it couldnt grip anything just span like you describe.

worse comes to worse im sure Rich will have one in stock

Comment

if the belt locks does that not mean the belt is slipping?? i would try and tighten up the belt firs just incase and a cheap fix!! mine was doind the same thing last week the wheel would get heavy and sort of wobble when the wheels were turned and the truck was at a stand still!.

Comment

Working...
          X