Ford Puma? Woman's car??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Puma? Woman's car??

I think I need a car to tide me over till the Surf arrives, mine might hang on, but doubt it'll pass the MOT in June, and feel it's best to pass it on sooner rather than later. There's a Puma on the forecourt of a local garage, but kinda looks a bit of a woman's car. Is it? I'll sell it again when I get the Surf, but do many guys drive Pumas (seems some do, but it could be their wives ha), and I don't want to get laughed at everytime I go to the supermarket, lol. There's also a Subaru Impretzle for £5k, but the Puma is only 2.5-3K and may get it less if I part ex.
    Live like ur gonna die, because ur gonna

Pumas are just Fiestas in a different suit. Thy look OK, but would look much better if they were Mondeo size.

Don't get a Scooby, they're like a#s#h#l#s and Peugeots, everyones got one.

Comment

Yeah, I thought the Puma looked ok, and I only need it for 3 months. but don't want guys looking in at me thinking there a woman inside haha

nah don't think i'd get the scooby, don't want to look like one of 'them' and it's pricey.

Comment

if it's only being driven for a couple of months i'd be looking one ebay with nothing in the search box, and narrow it down by category to cars,parts & vehicle > cars, then distance say 20 miles from your post code, then price max. £500. but that's just me.

Did they get ya the surf yesterday?
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Pumas are girls cars. Get an MG, that's what real men drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            I thought MGs were for balding middle-aged men trying to recapture their youth.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              I thought MGs were for balding middle-aged men trying to recapture their youth.
              From the 75 and ZT forum:

Apparently the ZR (Rover 25 in drag) is for asian kids to do wheelspins in, no-one owns the ZS (Rover 45 in drag) and most people own the diesel ZT (Rover 75 in drag). Diesel? Must be the sporty engine note they go for.

Anyway, they're cheap and quick and I am very happy with my ZT. Their forum is still full of bald middle aged men trying to recapture their youth though....

Comment

no the surf didn't sell at the £6k price, but there is another one I should be able to get on friday, and it only got 48k miles, so have good confidence I'll be an owner by the weekend. finger's crossed.

I know what you mean with a £500 car, but I'm a lazy git, and the garage is just down the road (I'm right out in the sticks, so lucky to have a garage nearby let alone cars for sale), besides my car is £500ish and dying, so happy to spend more even if it's for 3mths, then should be able to sell it near sking price too (hoping)

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkel View Post

I know what you mean with a £500 car, but I'm a lazy git, and the garage is just down the road (I'm right out in the sticks, so lucky to have a garage nearby let alone cars for sale), besides my car is £500ish and dying, so happy to spend more even if it's for 3mths, then should be able to sell it near sking price too (hoping)
                  In that case, a Puma is supposed to be a decent little car and was very well thought of it when it came out. If it's in decent nick and you can get it at the right price, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                    Like an MGF???
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                      Like an MGF???
                      Yeah, I did think that but I'd like to think it goes without saying that they are indeed for girls.

Comment

I’ve owned a number of proper MG’s in the past, MG B & Midgets….

The cars in that picture are just re-badged Rovers trying to gain some street cred by using the MG name.
                        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                          I’ve owned a number of proper MG’s in the past, MG B & Midgets….

The cars in that picture are just re-badged Rovers trying to gain some street cred by using the MG name.
                          Actually, two of the three cars in that picture ARE Rovers. Only the one on the far right is an MG.

The MGs aren't 'just rebadged Rovers'. They are very similar looking and use the same basic plan but the MGs have different suspension, engine set up, exhaust, intakes, interior, steering etc etc. I'm not trying to justify my purchase here (as I said above, I'm very happy with it), just a point of order.

I am at a bit of a loss as to what street cred could be obtained from using the MG name. Maybe hoping to follow up on the success of the MG Montego??

Comment

Frankly, I'm surprised that question needed to be asked - do you want to tax and MOT my 2 door and borrow that till yours turns up??
                            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                              Frankly, I'm surprised that question needed to be asked - do you want to tax and MOT my 2 door and borrow that till yours turns up??
                              I thought you'd given that away as a Christmas present??

Comment

Working...
                              X