A Strange Tale Regarding Insurance Renewals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Strange Tale Regarding Insurance Renewals

Just got my insurance renewal in for the car a couple of days ago from those nice folk at Esure. I thought I'd just do the normal and check out others quotes on line through Gocompare.com.

Found a quote £40 cheaper for exact same cover and the company was? Yes, you no doubt guessed, it was Esure!

Phoned up a nice Scottish lady from Esure renewals department and explained what I had found and the price difference. She told me she could not match that price but if I was happy with it I could take out the policy on line and pay the £40 cheaper premium.

I explained that as I was already a customer I didn't think that I would be eligible for the discount, she said I could take out a new policy with them every year if the online quote was cheaper than my renewal! The reason is that you get a discount if you buy online.

Now I'm not complaining about saving £40.00 but this seems like a very strange way to run a business, although I suppose some people just automatically pay their renewal fee without searching for better quotes?

Anyhoo, I'm well chuffed at saving an extra £40.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

That's nothing!

i was on a 10 month bonus accellerator 3rd party only... found that for 12 months, fully comp with tescos was £30 cheaper...

called Elephant to cancel and they did me 12 month fully comp with a lower excess for a further £30 off!!....

they really do just pick a number!!!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
    X