• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
    £250- £800, 9000lb -12000lb should do you
    Any particular makes to look out for, any to avoid
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

8500lb absolute minimum, 9500 better or 12000 if you want to, i'd stick with 9500 and get a snatchblock incase you find it struggling.

Depends what you want to pay really, budget end of the scale they're all much the same, I was looking at either a champion or the endurance from www.electricwinches.co.uk, but the superwinch EP series have the advantage of an external brake, which prevents heat buildup in the drum which is much better for plasma ropes, with the in drum brakes if you ever have to make a long or heavy pull on plasma you run the risk of melting the rope, or having to stop and give the brake time to cool down. The only one i wouldn't recommend are the Warn Tabor range - out of 3 we sold two were returned as faulty, we weren't exactly overwhelmed with the performance either. Warn are almost untouchable in their competition winches, but really missed the mark at the budget end of the scale.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
        8500lb absolute minimum, 9500 better or 12000 if you want to, i'd stick with 9500 and get a snatchblock incase you find it struggling.

Depends what you want to pay really, budget end of the scale they're all much the same, I was looking at either a champion or the endurance from www.electricwinches.co.uk, but the superwinch EP series have the advantage of an external brake, which prevents heat buildup in the drum which is much better for plasma ropes, with the in drum brakes if you ever have to make a long or heavy pull on plasma you run the risk of melting the rope, or having to stop and give the brake time to cool down. The only one i wouldn't recommend are the Warn Tabor range - out of 3 we sold two were returned as faulty, we weren't exactly overwhelmed with the performance either. Warn are almost untouchable in their competition winches, but really missed the mark at the budget end of the scale.
        help a bloke out ian !!

will this(mudsurfers) deffo fit(jokers being horrible cos i cant find his bumper bits)
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          help a bloke out ian !!

will this(mudsurfers) deffo fit(jokers being horrible cos i cant find his bumper bits)
          pretty sure it will, there's dimensions here http://www.electricwinches.co.uk/ep9.htm if that helps, just lookin up the TJM site see if it says anything on there it was someat about slimline or low profile or something weren't it an i ain't seen a winch any slimmer or lower than them that i can think of
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

pretty sure it will, there's dimensions here http://www.electricwinches.co.uk/ep9.htm if that helps, just lookin up the TJM site see if it says anything on there it was someat about slimline or low profile or something weren't it an i ain't seen a winch any slimmer or lower than them that i can think of
            They are about 2 miles down the road from me, i shall have to do a bit of window shopping sometime
            www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

i do believe its called a

low mount winch ??
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

low mount winch ??
                all i can assume is that that's ozzy terminology for one of two things, either 1) it can't be bigger than 9500lb coz most 10,000lb upwards have a bigger drum, and/or it must have a removable solenoid box which i'm pretty sure the superwinch does, might mean extending some cables though but not a major problem. or 2) this has just popped into my head it's the ozzy way of saying it's gotta be a normal foot down mounting (which the superwinch is) not foot forward.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

low mount winch ??
                  bullseye
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                    bullseye
                    why thankyou sir.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

must have a removable solenoid box

Thats pretty much it.

There is noooo way in hell you could fit one of the 'posh' Warn winches in the TJM bumpers.

so as long as the solenoid box can be moved its not a problem..
                      Not sure about yours Graham but mine has a big hole in the top to poke it out but only loose.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                        Thats pretty much it.

There is noooo way in hell you could fit one of the 'posh' Warn winches in the TJM bumpers.

so as long as the solenoid box can be moved its not a problem..
                        Not sure about yours Graham but mine has a big hole in the top to poke it out but only loose.
                        im going to ask mudsurfer to measure it,confirm the solenoid box can be moved,then i think i can feel a deal coming on !!

oh yes and i do have a hole as well !!
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

im going to ask mudsurfer to measure it,confirm the solenoid box can be moved
                          When?
                          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                            When?

3 am tomorrow morning ok dude !!

and is the wrong way round route quite hairy to start with ??
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

So would there be anything wrong with this for a starter
                              www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

3 am tomorrow morning ok dude !!

and is the wrong way round route quite hairy to start with ??
                                works for me, I'll be on the phone........not!

Erm - it's, what can I say - interesting......get the winch fitted....
                                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
                                X