steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering

just found out my 3 gen has one of the 3gen weak spots.....loose steering rack
    just phoned Barry at roughtrax one bush kit is on its way (50 squid).....
    thought i had an egged tyre at first, then jacked it up to check all around the tyre, nothing then gave it a wiggle and could see the rack rocking to and fro....
    good job i booked this week off work.
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

on the rack

i think its all that rough treatment you give it john, driving up them there mountains, hope its not to big a job for you.

Comment

cheers mate, at least some one cares, just getting shiote off the missues.lol
      hopefully an easy job, should know by this time tomorrow if rought trax are as good as usual with there delivery times.

hows yours going at the mo?
      john

Comment

rack

motor running ok still got me mouse, proberly never find the bu@@er,still the joys of owning a surf, hope your bits come in time,

Comment

just had a tnt delivery from roughtrax 27 hours after ordering--###### quick--
          prob now is wifey has taken surf shopping so will have to wait till tomorrow...

Comment

spent most of the day under the surf re bushing the steering and steam cleaning only to test drive it and find that the wheel wobble effect was still present, back on to the pit swap tyres around and all is ok now, Sally's happy aswell= result

Comment

Working...
            X