Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Patrol What a peice of JUNK!

Got back yesterday morning after a work trip

Was issued for the five day trip a new 2007 model Nissan Patrol 3.0l turbo diesel.

It was fully decked out with the usual outback gear, 3 tyres, Long range dual tanks, arb bar work & warn winch, hf radio, recovery gear etc.

Was looking forward to putting the vehicle through some rather nasty tests as Ive heard some good reports about them, and while im a toyota man i was willing to try out the dark side

After some basic 4wd tracks & some highway use, I came to the following conclusion's

Guttless. A robin reliant has more oomph

Brakes. What brakes

Suspension. Very poor and have very saw back

Fuel economy. 500 km out of 120 litre's What The Fuk

Clearance. Bottomed out on some very simple tracks

Bogged easily. Even though the tyres aren't anything wonderfull I had to let the tyres down and put into 4wd on tracks my misses corolla could go down

VERDICT = Piece of Junk
    Last edited by hilux2.8; 3 May 2009, 12:05.
    Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Bugga! I quite like them too. I nearly bought a 1995 Patrol but decided on the Surf instead.

Hmmmm, Nissan Patrol with 1UZ-FE power.

Comment

I think the older Patrols fair a bit better, but I'll stick to my Surf.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

500km out of 120 litres is absolute CRUD how fast where you going?
        i was getting little over 550km on 1 surf tankful of almost 100% veg oil in france.

the thing does look a bit low though, for a 4x4..
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

so not a huge fan then?

I think like so many of the old school 4x4's nissan have "urbanised" the patrol to make better where 99.9% of 4x4's are used, on the road
          Toot! Toot!

Comment

That was a bl00dy steep hill in that middle pic Hilux, cant be too bad if it got up there!!! all in all then it aint the tool for a serious mud & guts off roader like me ya think
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Nissan used to make good 4x4's, I had a works pick up, looked a lot like the 1st gen toy pick up, was ok off road.

The new Navara is one I do like the look of though, nice and rugged, but I think they have just issued a recall due to spontanious explosion or tipping on their roof or somat................shame.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

[QUOTE=dieselboy;428346]500km out of 120 litres is absolute CRUD how fast where you going?

Only about 100 to 110 kmh as the thing was gutless and struggled to go any faster. It had sod all of a work load.

One of our other work vehicles a 100 series cruiser dual cab ute (yes dual cab ute ) fitted with a normal aspirated diesel can sit on 120 to 130 no probs and cover 700kms out of 110 litres.

And that thing usually carries/tows a monster of a workload.

Dont know why its so bad.
                Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
                  Nissan used to make good 4x4's, I had a works pick up, looked a lot like the 1st gen toy pick up, was ok off road.

The new Navara is one I do like the look of though, nice and rugged, but I think they have just issued a recall due to spontanious explosion or tipping on their roof or somat................shame.
                  They just got in ze sh!t over the new navara - passenger safety was awarded one star on the euro ncap test - one of the lowest scores of modern vehicles an a pi$$ poor effort for any 4x4.

Expect them to drop in price as the people who got them to 'safly' take there kids to school sell up an buy Either the stupid curvy L200 thats loaded with poor quality stickers or.... the best pickup out at the moment - the Mk6 Hilux!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X