chickens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
    We have chicks . 5 little chirpers . We put them in one of the dog kennels and I am modifying one of the other kennels for a more suitable home until the proper home in one of the sheds is made.
    And the pics are where???? Are you still getting some ex batts?
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I have... umm... 16 now, inc 7 ex batts and a cockerel.

These rather special little chicks are my latest arrivals.... and they have a shed all of their own!! We have a range of different set up's, 6x4 shed, small house made out of an old wooden packing case (2'x3') and a purpose made hen house with some additional run al a Tony. They all have electric fenced area in the field to run about in!! To be honest I think the converted shed is the best - cheap, easy to make (just add pophole, nest box and perch), and versatile.

Bibs - what breed are your chicks?

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda View Post
        And the pics are where???? Are you still getting some ex batts?
        Hi Linda
        We were going to get ex bats but after I contacted the local co ordinator she never got back to me about getting some . Tam went in the corner shop and there was an advert on the board offering chicks free . We only had to go round the corner from the house to where the woman lives in the village to get them.
        Tam has some pics on her camera . The kids have 1 each , Tam has 1 , her brother has 1 and I got the last one as mine . Names are Cosmo , Jasmine , Tamara, Dr Dre, and Spook .
        This of coarse depends on wot sex they turn out to be . I aint got a clue where a chickens bits and pieces are just how to cook and eat one .
        If we end up with 5 cockrels it will be chicken for dinner for 5 Sundays in a row.
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

We were going to get ex bats
          Are they old ones that go off to live in Spain?
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

We were going to get ex bats
            Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Are they old ones that go off to live in Spain?
            They used to hang from the ceiling & fly around at night
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I
              Bibs - what breed are your chicks?
              Oh they are sooo cute - I had 3 Welsummer cross black rock (we think) up until today - had to say good bye to this chap Click image for larger version

Name:	Kiev 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1249563

He was too noisy for where we live. Gone to a breeder where we bought a warran and this little thing
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Dipper.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	1249564 an she is mad. Can't half run. Warran already tried to make a bid for freedom.
              How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                Oh they are sooo cute - I had 3 Welsummer cross black rock (we think) up until today - had to say good bye to this chap [ATTACH]25056[/ATTACH]

He was too noisy for where we live. Gone to a breeder where we bought a warran and this little thing
                [ATTACH]25057[/ATTACH] an she is mad. Can't half run. Warran already tried to make a bid for freedom.
                i had roast

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post

i had roast
                  Well everyone said just eat him - Couldn't do it - it would feel like eating my cat or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                    Oh they are sooo cute - I had 3 Welsummer cross black rock (we think) up until today - had to say good bye to this chap [ATTACH]25056[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25057[/ATTACH] an she is mad. Can't half run. Warran already tried to make a bid for freedom.
                    Hard to tell as pic is small but she looks like Light sussex cross maybe? Hopefully she will calm down!

We're lucky here as cockerels are fine - all the neighbours have them too!
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
                      Nah they for dinner burp!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      And they are for Xmas too
                      WHEN YOIU GET FED UP WITH Turkey
                      Enjoying Life after Cancer
                      Pops

Comment

Hard to tell as pic is small but she looks like Light sussex cross maybe? Hopefully she will calm down!

We're lucky here as cockerels are fine - all the neighbours have them too!
                        Hi Linda,

She is a Light sussex cross Silky I think as she has 5 toes!

And they both got out last night. Took us ages to catch the Silky cross, only managed it as she got stuck. Have clipped their wings too so not sure how they managed it. Think we may not have cut enough off. Spent this morning blocking gaps in the hedge so at least if they escape today they can't get out of the garden.

Comment

mu wife got an eglu 2 months ago, and three hens, a light sussex, a welsummer and a rhode island red, the sussex and rhode island are really relaxed and friendly but the welsummer is a "bit flighty" hence her name, Effie as in whos turn is it to catch that effing chicken, but all great layers, the best eggs you'll ever have are from your own garden.
                          i'd recommend it for anyone, free-ish eggs and fertilizer for the garden too!!

here ia a wee photo of our girls
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
                            mu wife got an eglu 2 months ago, and three hens, a light sussex, a welsummer and a rhode island red, the sussex and rhode island are really relaxed and friendly but the welsummer is a "bit flighty" hence her name, Effie as in whos turn is it to catch that effing chicken, but all great layers, the best eggs you'll ever have are from your own garden.
                            i'd recommend it for anyone, free-ish eggs and fertilizer for the garden too!!

here ia a wee photo of our girls
                            Ha ha ha love the name - know what you mean - we have a nightmare trying to catch the silky cross. Might have to swap her for another warran as we need to lock them up early sometimes and she does does one an loses the plot. Not nice to see as she is going to hurt herself.

Comment

Working...
                            X