@ Squipper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Squipper

Hi mate, finally found it, did you get the links for the freeview box and cam ok,? as i said if you fit it there i'd tape a square of fine mesh on top to stop small bit's falling in and going on the circuit board, i used a bit of speaker cloth, but if you want to conceal it (Ant stuck his under the dash) you get a remote infra red sensor you can stick along side the head unit,
    Also if you find you head unit aeriel input/output has a different plug to the coax one supplied with the free view you'll need a 3.5 mono right angled jack from maplins or wherever, only about 79p, just cut off the coax and solder this one on, give me a shout if i can be of any further help, cheer's ian
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/InCar-Car-Digi...QQcmdZViewItem

This should keep MattF happy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by POPEYE; 20 March 2008, 19:52.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Dogs Danglies mate!

Why is it that the 'top geezers' of this planet are members of this forum?!
    Ian, you're another fine example of a top geezer! Got all the info i req now & thanks once again for your time etc. Looking on E Bay now at the fv box - same as yours, but different supplier. Seems that folk are buying around the £20 mark + £10 p&p, so I'll be patient & get my usual bargain! Got my eye on this one with only 7hrs left is still at a penny (watch this space!) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Freeview-D...QQcmdZViewItem

I presume that the amplified aerial is worth the extra £20? Where did you position this in the end? Backside window is a thought for me.

Anyway, here's pics of my installation:
    Attached Files

Comment

My dash is looking pretty pathetically underdone compared to yours now Ian.

Comment

Hi Martin, thank you for the compliment, you welcome, there's a few guys on here who without their help i could'nt have done half the stuff i have done,
        (where the "group hug" smilly) your instalation looks great, did you have any probs with the motor head and the gear shift? i thought it might hit, thats why i got the fixed screen,
        i fitted the aeriel at the top of the front screen but wish now i'd stuck it on one of the rear side windows, not sure if it's prone to interferance from nearby circuits, and i've a loads of them in the roof console,
        the freeview box looks exactly the same, good price if no one bumps it up,

good luck with it mate

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
          My dash is looking pretty pathetically underdone compared to yours now Ian.
          It's all bling bull$hit really mate, but i enjoy doing it, (it winds up the mud merchants to i think)
          aint seen your dash for a while matt, did you fit anything there where the center heater and cup holder were? seem to remember you were going to do summat there, gauges? switches? telly?

Comment

well f*** me ian ,is your truck gonna be in the next james bond movie mate.wheres the ejector seat button. nice install btw
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              It's all bling bull$hit really mate, but i enjoy doing it, (it winds up the mud merchants to i think)
              aint seen your dash for a while matt, did you fit anything there where the center heater and cup holder were? seem to remember you were going to do summat there, gauges? switches? telly?
              i bet he hasnt even got round to fitting those by pass oil filters yet.?????
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Well thanks Mark, all these compliments, i'm getting a nice warm feeling,

Dam! it's the bag leaking

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  Well thanks Mark, all these compliments, i'm getting a nice warm feeling,

Dam! it's the bag leaking
                  lololololol,gawd i need that light bar working lol,my rear lights are a tad dark lolol

Comment

No probs with the motorised screen & the auto gear shift. There's a good few inches clear. Took me ages to decide if I wanted the flush or motorised screen, measured up first & got the motorised one in the end as the screen sits much higher.
                    Got my lads portable dvd player on the rear pax headrest now, used an RCA splitter & ran a video lead to that too. Now have 2 screens!
                    Didn't win the fv, but will persist on max bidding of £20 & get it one day!

Comment

Yup, saw a different winning bid name on it, your right! why pay more, their always on ebay so you'll strike lucky soon, i'm still looking out for an mp3 and compileing a list of my fav "heavy metal" type tracks to load on it,

Comment

You Head Unit will surely support Mp3? Why not burn all your Mp3 files to a DVD - you can fit around 1000 per 4.7Gb. Mind you, an Mp3 player would allow you to quickly find what you're after!!

Comment

I dont have any mp3 files yet! this is all new to me, relying on my son to show me how to do it all, lot of my stuff is cd's, what i'd like to do is pick and choose individual tracks, then eithet load em on to one cd or mp3 whichever is easier, dare say he'll do it for me if i pester him enough, top of the list is one bushwacker copy'd for me, freebird (full version) excellent track
                          My head unit does have a mp3 plug btw also a larger one (memory stick thing, i think)

Comment

See you've recruited another telly addict Ian, keep up the good work there'll be some commission in it for you soon hehe. As for the Mp3's just stick a cd in your pc and rip the tracks you want to copy to disc with a media player, Windows media, sonic dukebox etc etc. When you have all the tracks you want on your pc, stick a blank in and burn them to the blank cd/dvd. Hey presto.

Alternatively if you want to use the usb slot on your head unit you don't need a mp3 player, just a card reader. Do exactly the same but instead of putting in a blank cd/dvd plug your card reader in and copy them to the sd/mmc card. Then plug the reader and card into the usb slot and again away you go.
                            http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

ditto! USB slot in head unit would do same thing by plugging memory stick in.

Hey Ian/Ant, just a quick bit of info if I may........Just a small annoying problem that I have after the installation is that I'm getting slight Engine 'Whining' through head unit when I accelerate, which increases in pitch as i go faster. Turning up volume 'masks' the problem, although not ideal.

What's your opinion? Alternator noise through poor grounding? It stops when I turn power to Stereo/DVD player off.

Comment

Working...
                              X