Nostalgia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia...

Just found some pics on CD that I thought I'd lost...

This is me, circa 1999 / 2000 driving some trails in the Sandia Mountains east (I think!) of Albuquerque on a weekend off during a long trial at White Sands Missile Range.

A Dodge Durango. At ground level in Albuquerque, it would have been around 30C, at this height, probably 10C, and when we got high up into the mountains, there was a foot or so of snow and it was sub zero! Pretty odd to be back in the hotel pool sweating our nuts off that evening!

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

uk sex machine huh !!!!!

you studmuffin!!!!
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

We had some girls drive past us in a convertible on I40 on the way into Albuquerque (we had a Union Flag flying on the truck ) who ... erm ... exposed their breasts at us. I think we'd been there about a day! You can imagine that we were pretty happy to be there

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        We had some girls drive past us in a convertible on I40 on the way into Albuquerque (we had a Union Flag flying on the truck ) who ... erm ... exposed their breasts at us. I think we'd been there about a day! You can imagine that we were pretty happy to be there

its so cool some times to think back on days gone by andy.i drove a coach for a few years,all over the uk but mostly europe,and it was fab

(although the second drivers breasts wernt up to much)
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Yeah, I used to love it, and used to spend about 2-3 months a year in USA, for about 5 years, but the good trips (a month in New Mexico, Arizona, California etc) fizzled out and were replaced with 'fly out to New York, go to meeting for two days, fly back that evening'. No fun at all!

An ex colleague (who is now doing my old job) rang me on Saturday. He was flying out last Sunday for a couple of days meeting. I woke on Sunday morning about 9:30, and smiled when I thought of him up at 4am to drive to Gatport Airwick to sit all day in a pressurised metal tube, to get jet lag and not get over it before getting jet lag again on the way home a few days later....

Nah. Been there, done that. Dont miss it at all!

Comment

driving surfs over mountains mate...thats the real deal

(im gettin excited)
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
            X